Parallels 12 & Windows 10 - Multi Display

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Richard3, Aug 30, 2016.

1. BigGJS

BigGJS Member

I've used parallels for a long long time but his version seems to have lost the normal quality of your release processes, my VMs are slower in fact my MacOS VMs are sometimes unusable with the mouse tracking being up to 5 or 6 seconds behind making it impossible to use the VM. I am very close to jumping ship because I use VMs for my day to day work and I am losing money due to time wasted trying to make the VMs work. Please can we have some sort of timeline of fixes urgently.

2. BigGJS

BigGJS Member

I seem to have lost a post.
    Update; Backed up and downgraded back to 11 all working ok again now. Very unusual to have such a poor major release from you guys hopefully you can rectify this soon.

3. BigGJS

BigGJS Member

Does anyone know if the latest 12 update fixes the issue?

MobyR likes this.
  4. NicholasC1

NicholasC1 Junior Member

It does not.

5. BigGJS

BigGJS Member

Thanks, I'll stay on 11 then, I'm guessing we still don't have any timescales .....

6. BigGJS

BigGJS Member

Anyone have any news on this? @parallels any progress, timescales, any comment at all?

7. stassi

stassi Bit poster

@parallels, you send out all sorts of emails telling us our old versions won't be supported with new Mac Operating systems, then you break something this fundamental and take MONTHS to fix it?
    That's the last time I'll recommend your software.
    The fact that this has sat on this forum for so long with no response since last year - you should be ashamed!

8. BigGJS

BigGJS Member

Ok, so you have sent me a message offering free upgrade to 12 again, have you fixed the multi-display issue report by this thread 10 months ago, if the answer is no then I still can't upgrade. Please can someone from parallels reply to this and give an update.

9. BigGJS

BigGJS Member

So still no reply from Parallels, I have DM'd the user who posted on here and no reply from her either, not impressed

10. BigGJS

BigGJS Member

http://kb.parallels.com/111936 this fixes it but you need to go to separate display spaces. I took the plunge and went to 13 hoping it would fix it but it didn't but then Parallels sent me this link. Nice if they had done that on this forum for 12!

Maria@Parallels likes this.