What happend to previous version download links?!!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by TS-Micah, Nov 14, 2016.

1. TS-Micah

TS-Micah Product Expert

This KB article: http://kb.parallels.com/5802 Used to include current PD10, 11 & 12 Links and now it does NO LONGER as it was stated to be a duplicate and the current version download links were ERADICATED.

Can you please put up current version download links?

I ALWAYS make sure I have the previous version installer before I ever do any upgrade and take snapshots of my VMs so I can rollback.

Update: Tweeted @ParallelsCares and they responded. Hopefully the links will come back.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  2. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

3. TS-Micah

TS-Micah Product Expert

But that ONLY provides links for the latest versions of those versions. I should be able to get previous versions of 10, 11 and 12. That's the point - In the event the new release causes issues with my VMs and I need to install the previous working version of PD, then revert to a snapshot prior the upgrade. Users need a way back just-in-case. It's happened to me before and it may happen again but there always needs to be a Plan B.

4. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hello @TS-Micah ,
    The above KB article contains download links for the end of life versions. Please check this link which contains the download link for Parallels Desktop 12 and as well for the previous versions (currently supported versions).

5. TS-Micah

TS-Micah Product Expert

@Dinesh@Parallels Thank you for replying but I believe the point is missed here. Those links for the the latest releases of PD 10, 11 and 12. I should be able to access previous builds and not just the latest releases. If I don't have the previous release installer and the current one wrecked my VMs, how then do I get the previous build of PD 10, 11 or 12?! This is the point, there needs to be links available for the minor releases as well. Those IMO are also previous releases. You need to give users the ability to undo.