Shared Applications Icons broken (?? For Parallels Support)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DustinHullett, Sep 23, 2016.

1. DustinHullett

DustinHullett Product Expert

The icons for any shared application inside my Windows 7 pro 32 bit, 64 bit and Windows 10 pro Vm's are all a black square now after the latest update. So now not only am i having to deal with the snapping back to MacOS when i swipe to a new VM (Especially Bad if i have more than one VM running) I also keep getting crazy noises when starting windows and sometimes just for no reason at all and all my shared applications (Which i use a lot to open anything that i can on my mac instead of windows) Have a Big black Box beside them with a broken looking Arrow. I have alwayse been a dedicated Parallels Customer and love the product. I have even dedicated Time to being a product Expert here because i feel i can help others with issues but this latest version 12 has really been a disaster. Its almost like the DEV team didn't even install this on any mac before releasing it. I mean everyone is having the exact same issues So they had to show up on their test machines. Anyway i dont want to get on a rant over that. Is there a date set for some actual fixes to be release? I have been sticking it out with 12 thinking that there will be a fix any day but were past 2 updates so far that havent addressed anything. Im really thinking of going back to 11 myself now or just running Fusion until this is fixed.

2. TS-Micah

TS-Micah Product Expert

I've got the same thing in my Windows 10 VM - I just noticed it the other week. I deleted them from C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Roaming\Parallels\Shared Applications; disabled/re-enabled the application sharing; restarted the VM - same thing. Not sure what's going on guys, but it would be nice to get this working properly again. Files associated with the Mac applications show up as black squares as well.

3. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Hi,
    Please update Parallels Desktop to the latest build and keep us posted if the issue persists.

4. TS-Micah

TS-Micah Product Expert

5. TS-Micah

TS-Micah Product Expert

Okay, odd, it seems to have resolved itself the last time I unchecked share Mac Applications and re-checked the box. I would like to point out that most (all?) of Adobe's apps still display as black blocks. There are some files that are associated with the Mac apps that still display as a black block.

Also, I use Postbox for my email client and it no longer opens .eml files properly - I'm not sure if it's a change they made or since the PD12 update.

6. CraigR2

CraigR2 Junior Member

Has there been any update on a fix for this? I have resorted to totally removing PDT 12 until it has. Really annoying because I only use it for the better functions of MS Office in Windows, and now I have to return to the ugly sister Mac version. :(