@%&#(D Parallels Showing Ads on my Mac!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Will2, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Will2

Will2 Bit poster

I consider Parallels to be very useful but very expensive. I do not expect to have it show me ADs on my Mac.

The very next time this happens, I will switch to a FREE solution which does NOT show advertisements. (And, they are ADs for software which I consider to be useless CRAP!)

I will be sure to highlight this abuse of our relationship in my upcoming Parallels review.

...Unhappy Parallels User

2. JakeS4

JakeS4 Bit poster

I have to agree, I was very disappointed to get that popup from an application I pay a pretty hefty subscription fee toward.

3. Elizabeth Anderson

Elizabeth Anderson Member

Please try the below suggestion -
    Individual notifications can be turned off by clicking the "don't show this again" button. However, because customers need to receive important product information, there is not a mechanism for customers to completely disable notifications.

4. JakeS4

JakeS4 Bit poster

Yes, I clicked the checkbox to turn off that notification going forward. But does this mean just the black friday/cyber monday notification? If Parallels decides to do a Christmas sale, is that another notification I have to turn off? And new years?

It seems unwise for them to use this "feature" in their software to advertise.

5. JerryR2

JerryR2 Bit poster

The "don't show this again" button isn't a solution. I've clicked this button for every spammy notification Parallels has ever shown me. While, yes, it has not shown me that particular spam again, it's happy to keep showing me new spam like the Black Friday bundle deal. This is really unacceptable for a paid, professional, product. Ideally, Parallels wouldn't stoop to such shady tactics; however, I'd also be satisfied with a way to opt out from all promotional notifications--not individual promotions.