Lags after a message

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AlexisF, Nov 29, 2016.

1. AlexisF

AlexisF Bit poster

Hi,

I've used Parallels since version 8 and i just recently upgrade to 11 and now 12.

I re-use an old .pvm with windows 7 on V11, everything worked fine but after a week, i got a message that c: will be ejected, and whatever i choose for answer, my emulation is starting to lag, and can't use windows anymore. I can work 2-3 days without having this issue and some week i got it 3x/day.

What could it be?
    c: seems to be the mounted emulated hdd for windows. It's like OSX is ejecting the virtual disk and then parallels start to lag.

Running windows 7 on OSX 10.11 27" 5k retina 8go + 256ssd.

Thanks,

Alexis

2. Hey, did you get may be error message?

3. TS-Micah

TS-Micah Product Expert

Hi @AlexisF, can you snag a screenshot of the error message when it pops-up? I wonder if Windows sees the drive as a removable. I recently ran into an issue with updating Win10 Anniv Ed. and couldn't because it thought the main drive was removable. There's a registry key/flag to change that. I'll look that up again. In the meantime posting that screenshot would be great.

-- Micah

4. AlexisF

AlexisF Bit poster

Hi,
    Sorry for responding late, but since i post this thread i don't get the error message again.

I will post it when it will occur again.

AlexisF

5. AlexisF

AlexisF Bit poster

Hi,
    I've got the message again:

"Connexion to server"
    (Hdd icon) "C"
    Choice: Ignore or Disconnect All

Sorry but i can't post a screenshoot because the VM is lagging and it take about 30 mins to respond to one command.

Hope this will help.

AlexisF

6. TS-Micah

TS-Micah Product Expert

You can also use Command+Shift+4 to take a screen capture using the Mac when you see it.