1. JohnT7

JohnT7 Bit poster

I've got Parallels on my MacBook and I'm getting a new iMac. I cannot seem to tell what I need to get Parallels on my new iMac. I'm just a personal user so it looks like I have to pay $79 once and then I'm "not eligible" for free upgrades? I don't think I've ever gotten a free upgrade. I had to pay when I first purchased the program, I had to pay when I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10, and then I had to pay to upgrade when the MAC OS changed. I've only had my MacBook for 2.5 years. I'm trying to think of a reason to start all over again and keep throwing money at Parallels. Can someone please give me some advice? I would contact support and ask these questions directly but can find no way to do so.

Thanks...

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hello JohnT7,
    If you wish to use Parallels Desktop on your new iMac then you can move Parallels Desktop to the new iMac. If you wish to use Parallels Desktop on two Macs then you have to buy an additional license or you can buy a two license pack. If you wish to reach out our support refer to this article.

3. Yvo

Yvo Bit poster

You are better of switching to VMWare Fusion.
    for 81,95 $ you can install it on any Apple computer that you personally own and use.
    There is also a deal when you switch from Parallels .
    And they support 8 CPU's and more than 8GB RAM.
    And they don't rip you of like Parallels.