Sierra 10.12 Windows 7 and dual monitors not working

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by julesr, Oct 4, 2016.

1. julesr

julesr Bit poster

I have a macbook and thunderbolt display. I have been using dual monitors with parallels 10 and 11 and older mac versions. Since my recent upgrade I can not get dual monitors to work correctly. On the windows side, only one monitor is active and the other black. But Parallels sees both. The mouse will move between them but not allow me to drag an application. Some apps open in the other window and the screens jump, blacking out the current one with the app popping up on the other one. I have tried reloading parallel tools and an assortment of other things... Anyone got any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jules

2. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hello @julesr
    Please open system preferences > mission control > "uncheck display have separate spaces" and check how it works!

3. julesr

julesr Bit poster

I found the thread that discusses this. I end up with the ability to use windows on both monitors, but when I switch back to a MacOS app, only one of the windows switches over. Still frustrating. I am working in coherence mode right now till resolved.

4. KorkyPlunger

KorkyPlunger Hunter

5. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Please be informed that Parallels Desktop 12 Update 12.1.1 (41491) was released and the issue has been addressed. Please update Parallels Desktop to the latest build and let us know how it works.

6. KorkyPlunger

KorkyPlunger Hunter

PaulChris@Parallels,

I just tried build 41491 and it still requires (as discussed in the aforementioned thread) the use of "Displays have Separate Spaces" in order to use a single desktop across multiple external monitors. It also still requires you to manually change each display's space separately if you wish to switch back and forth between full-screen MacOS and the host OS.

Was this issue supposed to be fixed in this build, or were you referring to a different issue.

7. BartH1

BartH1 Bit poster

I completely agree with KorkyPlunger.
    This issue is NOT fixed.

8. MarcusR1

MarcusR1 Bit poster

Build 41491 does not fix the issue... I waited to "upgrade" to PD-12 until today... and now have an apparently unresolvable issue...
    • I have two connected 1080p displays connected (which functioned in PD-11) to my MB Pro (mid-2105)
    • PD-12 now defines seven (7 !!!) connected displays,
      • all the same resolution
      • all in different spaces
      • all displayed on the MB Pro's screen
      • both monitors are dark (unused) in all spaces
    • If I launch the VM with "Control Center" on one of the attached displays, it becomes the "main" display and I can set it's resolution, but,
      • non-existent displays are still defined.
      • all displays are in different spaces
      • All have the same (wrong) resolution
      • the two other screens are dark (meaning, unused)
    I, like many of you, are extremely busy and have productive work to do... it is unconscionable for Parallels to have released this product with a bad bug and continue to hound me to "upgrade" to it. I am now going to go through the process of "downgrading" back to PD-11.

9. DanW6

DanW6 Bit poster

No I don't want don't want separate spaces... Parallels 11 works in full screen mode without blanking other monitors... allows me to run both Mac OS and windows parallel with windows on an external monitors... if you want this configuration then DON"T upgrade to the latest stupidity by Parallels... I made the mistake of upgrading, thinking it be better... nada... just downgraded to 11... and probably won't upgrade to Sierra because of this. ID-10-T's