device camera and Parallels RAS

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by betschart it GmbH, Nov 23, 2016.

1. betschart it GmbH

betschart it GmbH Junior Member

Hi
    Is there any experience with device cams (webcams) and Parallels RAS?
    Usecase: Software on Terminal Server accesses the Client camera to get Pictures.
    Client: Tablet (iPad, Android or Windows)

Regards
    Iwan

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi IwanB,
    Devices which can be redirected will be visible under the Connection Properties > Local resources tab from your Tablet (iPad, Android or Windows)

3. betschart it GmbH

hm.. so is it possible or not? or for some clientdevices it's possible and some not?
    Iwan

4. Valentin@Parallels

Valentin@Parallels Parallels Support

Greetings @IwanB
    Hope you are doing fine.

I believe that mobile device camera (Android, iOS) redirection is not supported. As for windows PCs webcams should be redirected unless this webcams are not USB. All USB devices should be redirected properly for Windows PCs.
    I will try to clarify regarding mobile device cameras and will update you once I'll have additional information.
    Cheers!

5. Valentin@Parallels

Dear @IwanB
    I have checked regarding mobile device cameras. Currently it is not possible to redirect mobile device cameras to published application. Can't tell if such feature will be implemented or not due to technical complications.
    As for Parallels Client for Windows/Mac USB Webcam redirection should work fine.
    Let me know should you have any other questions.

Cheers!

6. betschart it GmbH

Hi
    Thanks for your answer!
    That's a pity, and would definitely be a great Feature...

Regards
    Iwan

7. Valentin@Parallels

Dear @IwanB
    Always welcome! I totally understand how useful could this feature be, however it's complicated to implement such feature from technical side perspective. In any ways we are constantly looking to improve our product so it will suit the needs of our Customers, so we can not exclude a possibility that one day we will witness this feature within RAS Tool Set :)

Should you face any difficulties with our product or will have any questions please feel free to post it here on the forum and we will do our best to assist you.
    Cheers!