Mouse is not clicking into the Guest OS

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by allexus.mac, Nov 30, 2016.

1. allexus.mac

allexus.mac Junior Member

Hi!

My problem:
    mouse is not clicking into the Guest OS sometimes.
    if i wait for 1-2 minutes so problem selfsolved, i can click on desktop of mac and then into GuestOS area 4-5 times so my mouse works properly again.
    macOS Sierra, PD 11.2.2, guestOS Windows 10
    Is anyone has the same problem?

2. allexus.mac

3. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Please try reinstalling Parallels Tools and keep us posted how it works.

4. allexus.mac

no effect

5. allexus.mac

the most frequent situation with no clickable mouse - when copying in a clipboard

6. Please try to choose "don't optimize for games" in VM configurations-> Hardware -> mouse and keyboard.

7. allexus.mac

restart VM needed?

8. Yes, please

9. allexus.mac

no effect. freeze detected.

10. MurrayW

MurrayW Bit poster

I have a problem similar if not the same as this. The mouse works fine on the Mac side and the pointer/cursor moves into the Windows VM (changes from the Mac pointer to the Windows pointer) remains movable but clicking does nothing, take it back to the Mac side and clicking anything works fine, take it back to the Windows side again and clicking still does nothing. This typically happens about 4 or 5 times in a typical 8 hour day of solid usage for me and generally lasts about 2 minutes after which the mouse clicks start getting through to Windows again. I'm running macOS Sierra and it is up to date, and Parallels is up to date 12.1.1 (41491) as I keep hoping an update will fix this problem. I've even gone so far as to completely reinstall MacOS on a clean drive and still the problem persists. In the VM configuration both Mouse and Keyboard are set to "Don't optimize for games".

11. allexus.mac

O yeah! that is my problem as is.. it is since first 11 PD release.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  12. MurrayW

MurrayW Bit poster

I'm pretty sure this problem started on PD 11 for me as well. Seems to me I was hoping 12 would fix it :).

13. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

14. MurrayW

MurrayW Bit poster

Hi Guna@Parallels,
    I followed the procedures in that article and it seems to have drastically reduced the original problem. The mouse will still become useless for a period of time (only now it won't even move) but the effect is far shorter in duration than previously, just a couple of seconds vs. a good 30 seconds to a minute.

Unfortunately these settings create a situation with the mouse transition between Mac and Windows VM that is far from seamless, the experience is so bad I've switched back to the previous settings as I'd rather lose the ability to click in my VM for a short period of time than endure this bizarre mouse handling where it pops back and forth between the VM and the Mac (while retaining view focus on the Windows VM) with the pointer being possibly anywhere within the VM window when I attempt to use it, the workflow cost of the original problem is less and it is more tolerable that the proposed fix. This bizarre mouse behavior is most easily triggered by straying too close to the top of the VM window thus causing the Mac menu bar to appear and then everything goes crazy. Thank you for trying though!

If there's something more you'd like for me to try to deal with the original problem or to collect data to help you resolve the original problem please let me know and thank you again.