Parallels 11.1.1 Windows 7 Crash Recovery

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by BenM5, Dec 9, 2015.

1. BenM5

BenM5 Bit poster

Hi

I have recently upgraded to Parallels 11 as I have updated my Mac to OSX10.11.1 El Capitan. Post the upgrade my windows 7 implementation has crashed and whatever I do I cannot close Windows down. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
    Ben

2. Sylvester@Parallels

Sylvester@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Ben,
    It would be great if you could share a screenshot of the error page which will help us to locate the issue and provide you a solution.

3. BenM5

BenM5 Bit poster

There is no error page - I just have a Windows desktop with Firefox on it that has crashed and I cannot seem to shut down that instance of Windows. Even closing parallels or shutting down my Mac I still get the same frozen Windows 7 screen. It all worked perfectly until I updated to Parallels 11. Any ideas how I close down that instance of Windows 7?

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Dear Ben, could you please generate the Problem report using this KB and reply me back with the Problem report ID number

5. BenM5

BenM5 Bit poster

I have logged a problem report under number 84145025.
    Thanks
    Ben

6. AnikaA1

AnikaA1 Bit poster

Windows became more stable as it matured. And, while the operating system has gone from 16-bit to 32-bit and now 64-bit, the features have become more extravagant, and the footprint much larger & it is actually harder to bring down.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  7. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi AnikaA1,
    Glad to see your active contribution here.