Can I install visual studio on "default" license?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Parallels User, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Hi everyone !
    I'm a student and want to know if can I install a visual studio on default license or I will need purchase a Parallels Pro edition.

Thank you very much.

2. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @MuriloM
    Even though Microsoft Visual Studio works on the Parallels Desktop for Mac (Standard Edition), I'd suggest Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition that includes the addition of a Microsoft Visual Studio plug-in, which helps you test your applications across operating systems.
    Here is a lot more advantages of using Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition.

Parallels User likes this.
  3. Tony Carreon

Tony Carreon Hunter

i have the pro edition of parallels. i use VS on virtualized windows 10 and server 2012. i have yet to actually use the "pro" features available.
    i know they're there but what do they do for me? beats me...
    i would suggest saving your $ and just getting the regular version of parallels - that way you won't have to re-license it every year.

**edit**
    i take that back. after reading through i guess i do use the "pro" features (though whether they should be pro is debatable). i regularly make use of:
    - headless mode. i run servers in headless mode since i really don't need their UI 99% of the time
    that's it.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    Parallels User likes this.
  4. Thank you for the help guys !

5. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Glad to hear that! Feel free to reach us anytime.

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Glad to see your active participation and feedback.