Sage 50 Accounting Software on Windows 7 via Parallels 9

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by KarlyW, Mar 27, 2014.

1. KarlyW

KarlyW Bit poster

I am running Sage 50 2013 Accounting Software on Windows 7 through the Parallels 9 desktop. Suddenly, I can't export my reports to Excel, which is on the Mac "side." I swear I was able to do this last week, but suddenly Sage says it cannot find Excel and that it's not installed at all. Is this a Virtual Machine issues w/Parallels or is this a problem with Sage only wanting to export to a Windows based Excel version?

2. Looran@Parallels

Looran@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi KarlyW,

Please try to reinstall Parallels Tools in your Virtual Machine following the article mentioned below:

http://kb.parallels.com/4841

Thanks,
    Looran

3. ShellyR1

ShellyR1 Junior Member

There could be a problem with the .dmg extension. You should contact them. We use zipbooks as our primary bookkeeping services software.

4. tyrenej

tyrenej Bit poster

I was able to use those guys. I ended up just going the free route. But I wanted to thank you for the recommendation. For anyone that wants to just cut to the chase and not have to call anyone their invoice template. Another couple options that I checked out where QuickBooks download and QuickBooks Online.

5. SydneyB

SydneyB Bit poster

I didn't see a place to create a new thread in off topic area. This came up in search so I hope it's ok to highjack this thread a little bit. I'm just wondering what people are doing for bookkeeping in 2018?

6. BookkerW1

BookkerW1 Bit poster

Most likely the problem is with the .dmg extension best option is to contact support. If you ever need an outsourcing service bookkeeping we found a good solution.