Mouse/cursor has gone crazy!

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by freakymac, Sep 13, 2007.

1. freakymac

freakymac Junior Member

I just upgraded to the latest version of Parallels on my MacBook that's running Windows XP. It was running great until I installed the Logitech Control Center for Windows for my Logitech Revolution MX mouse. I started having problems after it was installed, presumably because I also have the LCC installed on OS X. Whenever I would attempt to use the mouse (or even the trackpad after unplugging the mouse's USB stick), my cursor would reset and go back to the middle of the screen when Windows/Parallels would become active.

I have uninstalled the LCC for Windows and have restarted the entire MacBook, but it is still occurring. I cannot even use Windows unless I use the keyboard to navigation through all the menus. I've tried going to the control panel and looking through the mouse settings and have confirmed that the LCC has been uninstalled.

Do any Parallels/Windows gurus know what I need to do to get my mouse/cursor functioning properly in Windows again? I really cannot even use it in it's current state.

2. JTLaud

JTLaud Junior Member

I've had similar problems with Logitech mouse drivers even running directly on a Windows machine. For whatever reason, Logitech drivers for their USB mouses causes a lot of problems.

Solution was to get rid of the Logitech driver and just use the equivalent mouse driver on Windows. You'll lose whatever special functions you mouse has, but at least it will work.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  3. freakymac

freakymac Junior Member

I've uninstalled the LCC via the Windows control panel, but it's still giving me problems. Do you know what I have to do since I've already uninstalled it? arrrr, I HATE windoze.

4. JTLaud

JTLaud Junior Member

You may have only uninstalled the Logitech Control Center software that you said you installed, not the actual driver.

Go to your Start menu > Settings > Control Panel > Mouse.
    On the Mouse Properties control panel, go to the Hardware tab and click on the Properties button.
    On the Properties panel, go to the Driver tab. You can click on the Driver details and it will show what drivers are being used. Click on the Update Driver button and let it find an appropriate Windows driver. I've never tried the "Roll Back Driver" to see if that works, but you can try that.

5. freakymac

freakymac Junior Member

I've tried both roll back driver and uninstall and I'm still having the problem (even after restarting). It's currently sohwnig Microsoft PS/2 Mouse.

Any other ideas?

6. freakymac

freakymac Junior Member

Anyone? :(

7. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Hmm... Do you have a snapshot from before the problem happened? Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling Parallels tools?