Latest build

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by tspore, Sep 13, 2007.

1. tspore

tspore Bit poster

Well, last night I was on my laptop, and started parallels, well soon after I did that, it asked me to update parallels, I didn't pay attention to the build, so I updated to what ever the latest build is. The result? Major kernel crashes. No I can't even get my laptop to start. Now all my laptop will do is boot into console.

So I guess I get to spend all day reinstalling my OS, not very happy. I supose that I can pull a back up of a HD that I have, however, I don't think that after the last year and a half of having frequent Parallel kernel crashes, I will start fresh, without it on my system.

2. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Did you ever have a Beta installed on your system? Or Parallels and Fusion?

3. tspore

tspore Bit poster

I never had a Beta on my laptop. In fact I did screw around with beta's but that was on a backup copy of my desktop program. So never on my laptop. As for fusion - Is that Adobe cold Fusion? No I haven't. I do have the Adobe Web Creative suite on it.
    The first few boot ups did show console, but I couldn't log into to that. So I would try to just hard reboot. - It showed some Parallel errors. I have no doubt that it was a parallels issue. Really after over a year or so of supporting the program, buying copies, as well as the version 3 update. It is just disappointing that it still isn't stable.
    The biggest pain will be to have to call Adobe about reactivation of my copy of CS3.

4. brkirch

brkirch Pro

Did you have Little Snitch installed? I was frequently having kernel panics at boot shortly after I installed the latest Parallels version (about 80% of the time) so I thought it was a Parallels problem. However after I uninstalled Parallels completely I still had the kernel panics so I tried uninstalling Little Snitch. Since then I reinstalled Parallels and haven't had a kernel panic since (I rebooted about a dozen times to be absolutely sure).

Edit: Never mind, it appears to be a 10.4.10 problem, I just had the crash occur on bootup again. I would do a OS reinstall, but there is a good chance I'll just end up with the same problem. I guess I'll just have to wait for 10.4.11 and hope it fixes it :(

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  5. tspore

tspore Bit poster

Nope, haven't installed much on it. Really just buisness programs - E.G. Creative Suite CS3, Fire Fox, Ilife 08, Iwork08, I don't even have any widgets, or anything. It was clearly a kernal crash done by parallels update. I wish I could log into console, and get the logs.