Ubuntu 16.04 and Convergence mode

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by mcross, Jan 17, 2017.

1. mcross

mcross Bit poster

In earlier versions of Ubuntu I was able to successfully enter Convergence mode by disabling desktop visual effects as described at http://kb.parallels.com/en/111510

However, that does not seem to be enough to enable Convergence with Ubuntu 16.04 - whenever I try to enter Convergence mode I get the message requesting me to disable desktop visual effects even though I've followed the steps on that page (that used to work for me with Ubuntu 14.04). Has anyone had success using Convergence mode with Ubuntu 16.04?

2. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

Dear @mcross
    Please generate a Problem Report ID reproducing the issue & submit it here. We'll check & help.

3. mcross

mcross Bit poster

Thank you Guna. I have submitted the problem report, and it has an ID of 146280311. Please let me know if there's anything else I can provide or try out.

4. Guna@Parallels

Thanks for submitting the Problem Report ID. We are looking into details with the concerned team. Stay tuned for updates.

5. Guna@Parallels

Thanks for your patience! Could you plz upgrade Ubuntu headers/essentials and reinstall Parallels Tools?