windows10 don't start with parallels12

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by granier, Jan 26, 2017.

1. granier

granier Bit poster

Hi mate! I installed windows 10 with para12, but at the first restart of windows, a window appears and asks me to re-install windows. I tried 15 times !!! And always blocked when restarting. Can you help me

2. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @granier
    Are you trying to install Windows from a DVD or an .iso disc image, or a bootable USB drive?
    Also, plz share a few screenshot of the error message with us.

3. granier

granier Bit poster

With an iso disk image :rolleyes:

4. granier

granier Bit poster

Now i'm on my iPad at home , i'll send tomorrow screen shoot . Best regards

5. Looking forward to your screenshots.

6. granier

granier Bit poster

Sorry I can not copy the screen, but it says: windows could not complete the installation. To install windows on this computer to restart the instalation program. I tried 5 more times without success.

7. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Dear Granier, please check out the installation and troubleshooting steps for Windows 10 on this blog and let us know how it works.

8. VincentB2

VincentB2 Bit poster

Hi, i have the same issue. I tried evrything you mentioned and nothing work!

Attached Files:

9. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @VincentB2 ,
    You can start the VM creation as mentioned in the KB http://kb.parallels.com/4729 but when you are on the screen to select the ISO and continue to select "Locate Manually" then select "Continue without a source" then proceed to select Operating System.
    Choose the profile for your virtual machine.
    Give a name for the VM and create. You will get a no boot screen.
    Use Actions (on Mac menu bar) > Stop.
    Now open virtual machine configuration http://kb.parallels.com/117287, go to Hardware Tab > CD/DVD , mount the Windows 10 ISO and start the VM which will start Windows installation manually.
    Don't enter Windows key during installation select "I don't have a key". You can complete the activation after the installation is complete.

Thanks