1. SchroedersKater

SchroedersKater Member

Hi all,

Is there a way to exclude certain shortcuts from being sent to the virtual machine (macOS and/or Windows). E.g. I want to reserve some function keys for screen recording which runs on the same host where Parallels is running.

Thank you for any hint
    Thomas

2. Hi, you can isolate your VM from Mac and then you will not see screenshots of Win apps on the Mac side.
    And plz let us know if it's not that case.

3. SchroedersKater

SchroedersKater Member

Thanks for your answer Maria, but this doesn't help very much in this case. I don't want to isolate the VM. I just want some shortcuts not to be sent to the VM.

4. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Please change VM shortcuts by opening Parallels Desktop Preferences and go to Shortcuts tab -> OS X System Shortcuts. You may also check this blog for more information.

5. SchroedersKater

SchroedersKater Member

Thanks Swati, but this isn't it. Let me explain a bit more:
    I need almost all hotkeys inside the guest system, but some should be process by the host system. E.g. Shift+F13, Shift+F14, Shift+F15 shall not be lead to guest system, instead they should be processed by the host system because they trigger a screen video recorder that runs on the host (outside, not inside the VM). Any idea how this can be managed when "Send system shortcuts to" is set to "Auto" or "Always"?