Mouse button Assignment (logitech mx master)

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by RobertH18, Jan 20, 2017.

1. RobertH18

RobertH18 Bit poster

Hi,
    I want to assign specific functions to my mouse buttons when i work in excel that runs on windows 10 (parallels).
    I have my mouse connected with bluetooth to my mac. In the Logitech options program (installed on Mac) i manage the assignment of buttons. I have selected the parallel excel application and assigned all the buttons, however this is not working in windows.

If somebody can help that is much appreciated!

2. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Please let us know the versions of Parallels Desktop and Mac OS X.
    Step by step instructions, how you've configured?

3. RobertH18

RobertH18 Bit poster

I have Mac OS Sierra 10.12.2 with parallels desktop 12.1.3

I discovered that in coherence mode the buttons assigned to programs run in Parallels work, but if I run it without coherence mode then the specially assigned buttons don't work.

4. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hello @RobertH18 ,
    Please open Parallels Desktop preferences > Shortcuts > OS X System Shortcuts > set to "Always" and check the behaviour.

5. RobertH18

RobertH18 Bit poster

I have set OS X System Shortcuts to Always --> Restarted everything but it still shows the same behaviour.
    In coherence mode the specially assigned mouse functions work, but outside of coherence mode the " standard assigned buttons" are active.

6. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Please try reinstalling Parallels Tools http://bit.ly/1cZWAa3 and keep us posted how it works.