Ability to not have it autostart on boot up

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox Feature Suggestions' started by HaythamK, Oct 5, 2016.

1. HaythamK

HaythamK Bit poster

I would like to suggest to have the choice of user defined App autostart on boot up or not.

2. ViktorS1

ViktorS1 Bit poster

Put option "login Parallels Toolbox at startup".

3. EricH4

EricH4 Bit poster

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  4. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,
    what this option will do? Turn Parallels Toolbox autostart at login ON/OFF?

5. ViktorS1

ViktorS1 Bit poster

Pravil"no ponyal. Kakogo hrena vy delaete za menya vybor??? Vybor dolzhen byt' za mnoi, zapuskat'sya toolbox'u ili net!!! ON RUSSIAN.

6. madamm

madamm Junior Member

please let the user decide if and when the program should startup !

7. I concur. There's nothing in the installation process that indicates it will become a startup item, AND there's nothing in Preferences to allow ME to control this behavior. Bad, bad software attribute!

8. Hi, I just tried steps from this article and it works.
    Could you please try this and let us know how it works.
    It will be great if you can provide us with the screenshots.

9. stassi

stassi Bit poster

In reply to the above. What Maria says DOES work. The item does get permanently deleted from the login items, if you follow the instructions above. BUT - and this is a BIG BUT - IF you decide to run Parallels Toolbox again - it automatically adds itself to the Startup Items without direct permission - so thereafter, it will be part of your login until you physically remove it from login items again.
    PARALLELS - PLEASE FIX THIS!

10. RobC3

RobC3 Bit poster

We absolutely need to be able to select Auto Start, i.e. to start up Parallels Toolbox automatically when the machine starts. The default should be that it does NOT autostart. I don't need you or any other 3rd party vendor telling me what gets started on my machine. The fact that there is no option to turn this off is a joke. I expect this in the Windows world, that's why I'm on OSX.

Before you put that in, you should give us an easy way to uninstall it completely, because that's what I need to do until you get the tool working properly.

11. JoshD3

JoshD3 Bit poster

Another vote for this. I would open the Toolbox when I want it.

12. danielc9

danielc9 Bit poster

I keep doing this manually but running the app re-adds it. I use parallels twice a month and don't want unnecessary apps loaded.

13. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @danielc9, please remove Parallels Toolbox from the list of login items under System Preferences -> Users & Groups -> Login Items and then click on the lock icon on the bottom left of the same screen to change it to locked state. As long as the lock icon in this screen is in locked state, Parallels Toolbox cannot be added as a login item, even by itself.

14. AlexanderK7

AlexanderK7 Bit poster

"lock" in preferences doesn't do anything useful. Toolbox is still able to add itself to startup items. Thats really annoying user experience.

15. Alex Patsay

Alex Patsay Parallels Team

Option to disable Toolbox launch on Mac boot was added in Toolbox 2.0 -- check out new Preferences dialog in Toolbox

16. AndrewJ5

AndrewJ5

Please add a feature to stop Parallels tools being loaded automatically at startup.. I remove it for a reason, yet you keep putting it back. All that's required
    is a simple tickbox to load at startup or not

17. Alex Patsay

Alex Patsay Parallels Team

This feature was added in Toolbox 2.0

18. CraigE4

CraigE4 Bit poster

I had same problem, and this thread solved my problem.
    Thanks

Regards

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2019
  19. Juliano

Juliano Bit poster

Alguém pode me explicar como resolve esse problema da inicialização no boot? Já tentei desmarcar o item no Toolbox 2.0, mas não adiantou... Meu maior problema é a memória transferida...

20. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello
    Try to open "System Preferences" application --> Users & Groups --> select current user in left list --> Login Items tab. And remove applications that bother you from the list.