F6 problem

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by alan1j, Jan 28, 2017.

1. alan1j

alan1j Member

Help i have a second F6 problem toggling between parallels 12 virtual machine windows 10 and i mac sierra . after a few f6 toggles fine but then refuses to work any ideas
    thanks

2. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Hi alan1j, please try article and let us know how it goes.

3. alan1j

alan1j Member

yep no change

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi alan1j, please change the virtual machine configuration as follows:
    -> Turn off the option "Optimize full screen for games" and in the Actions -> Configuration -> Options -> Full Screen -> Check 'Use All Displays in Full screen' option in View menu enabled. Also, open Parallels Desktop Preferences and go to Shortcuts tab -> OS X System Shortcuts, make sure you check "Show and hide Parallels Desktop" is assigned to F6.

5. EricW6

EricW6 Bit poster

I have followed these steps above and contacted support multiple times on this. F6 simply doesn't work in Version 12. I downgraded to version 11 a couple months back until this issue was resolved. I upgraded to version 12 this week and the problem still exists. Back down to version 11 until this is resolved as it is a huge part of my workflow. I must be able to flip back and forth with a single keystroke.

6. alan1j

alan1j Member

thanks i guessed as much+

7. Please let us know which version of Parallels Desktop 12 are you using?
    Is it the latest build?

8. alan1j

alan1j Member

yes it is the latest update i have done all these things , but if i toggle f6 say 3 times it stops working. Also did you see my other post which was as follows
    not sure if there is a connection as its a f6 problem
    Help have this annoying problem running parallels 12 on i mac running sierra. the virtual machine is windows 10. when using programs like sage accounts ect when i press f6 to copy the figure above be it a date or anything which is a numerical number the copied version adds 1 to to the value i.e. 18/01/17 becomes 18/01/18 or £ 550 becomes £ 551. This is really annoying as i have to enter all repeated values each time manually . any ideas

9. And did you test the F6 with other apps?

10. alan1j

alan1j Member

yes i have same results very strange

11. MauryP1

MauryP1 Bit poster

I'm having the same F6 toggle problem after upgrading to P-desktop 13.3.2 and OS-X High Sierra. VM is Win-7.
    The above posts are over a year old. Was there a solution found that's not posted here?