Feature / Feature Request - "VM Templates"

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Tony Carreon, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Tony Carreon

Tony Carreon Hunter

don't think there is a way, but wondering if there is a way to define a "template" for a vm setup.

i know there are pre-defined types - "Productivity", "Software Development", "Design", etc .but i would like to define my own.

anytime i install a new VM i always have to go in and edit the settings to my liking (i.e., i always turn off shared apps, shared folders, setting performance to favor faster mac and longer battery life, 2 CPUs, 2048 ram, etc) so if there were a way to define "Tony's Template" and have any VM i create start from those settings, that would be a very welcome feature.

i can't imagine i'm the only one.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi Tony Carreon,
    we've received your feature request and have passed it to the concerned team. Thanks for your interest!

3. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

@Tony Carreon - have you considered converting your VM into template instead? Or simply clone it? Both of these functions are available in Parallels Desktop Pro and your VM config will be identical. Check out this page for details.