Letterboxes iPad Pro accessing OS X

Discussion in 'Accessing your Mac' started by MarkusV1, Feb 11, 2017.

1. MarkusV1

MarkusV1 Junior Member

Hey,

after comparing different Remote Desktop apps last year I decided to go with Parallels Access. Main reason was because of the full screen mode with iPad Pro resolution.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work anymore for some weeks now. In every screen mode you can see letterboxes. In this state it is not useful for me.

I have already deinstalled in reinstalled the app on my iPad as well as on the mac.

Is it a bug?

I have the 3.6.1 version.

Attached is a screenshot.

Hopefully, you can help me.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi MarkusV1m are you using Desktop mode or mouse mode? You can access the full screen of your remote computer on iPad pro in Desktop Mode. Tap the Settings (cog wheel) icon in the right toolbar and then tap Desktop Mode. This will change your screen to display a traditional desktop view.

3. MarkusV1

MarkusV1 Junior Member

Hi,
    thanks for your answer. However, I don´t think its the solution for my problem.

The problem is, that I have two black bars on my ipad, although I am on "best for ipad" resolution. What I meant is, that I don`t have the full resolution on the ipad.
    Instead I have letterboxes which should only be in "same as computer" referring to your support site (http://blog.parallels.com/2016/05/24/parallels-access-3-1-support-ipad-pro/)

Thanks

Markus

4. MarkusV1

MarkusV1 Junior Member

No idea, anyone?

5. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

When Parallels Access connects to your remote Mac it automatically resizes the Mac screen to 1024x768. However, it was discovered that such resolution is unusable on MacBooks with Retina because a lot of Graphic User Interface element inside will not fit the screen.
    So the decision was made to set bigger screen resolution in that case.
    The side effect of that change was that the bigger resolution does not fit well the iPad's screen, that is why the black areas can be seen on top and bottom of iPad's screen when working with Mac or Virtual Machine's applications via Parallels Access. Click here for the KB article.

6. MarkusV1

MarkusV1 Junior Member

The thing is:
    I don´t have a Macbook with Retina. The remote Mac is a Mac Mini with a standard 24" monitor (1920x1080) connected.
    I cannot understand why it does not work anymore on the iPad. It was perfect some months ago. On my iphone it still works as it should.
    If it wont work on the iPad anymore the app is useless. It was the reason why I bought it.

7. Could you please generate the problem reports using this KB article? And reply us back with the reports numbers.

8. MarkusV1

MarkusV1 Junior Member

I have generated the problem report but I forgot to note the report number. Is it still possible to get the number afterwards?

9. MarkusV1

MarkusV1 Junior Member

Here is the report number:

Thanks in advance.

10. MarkusV1

MarkusV1 Junior Member

Still no news... :(

11. MarkusV1

MarkusV1 Junior Member

Nothing yet. Still the same problem after a update...

12. MarkusV1

MarkusV1 Junior Member

So, I will cancel my subscription if I don't get any update by next week. Very sad.

13. I have the same problem... I do have a mac with retina display and one without it. Its being managed the way letterbox :( Loosing a lot of screen, it is useless.

I also have a VM with Windows 10 installed, and when a remote to that, 100% perfect !

This become useless :(

14. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Folks, please be informed that this is normal behavior of the software; 4:3 resolution scale is not supported on modern computers.

15. MarkusV1

MarkusV1 Junior Member

It worked for this mac before. Plus, I can change the resolution manually in the OSX monitor settings that it is full screen on my iPad. So this can't be the reason. Sorry.