The screenshot's color from "Make Screenshot" is different from the accurate color

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Zhenzhen_Zhan, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Zhenzhen_Zhan

Zhenzhen_Zhan Bit poster

This maybe a bug?
    I use 3 methods to take screenshots:
    1) Menu -> Make Screenshot
    2) Send screenshot key in Windows internally then make it a file
    3) Use macOS screenshot key Shift+Command+3 to take a fullscreen screenshot that contains the VM window (VM is in Windowed mode, not in fullscreen mode)
    The problem is that 2) 3) both produce the same colors, while 1) produces slightly different colors. Probably it's due to the color profile? I'm using iMac. My color profile is the default "iMac". My system is macOS Sierra.

How to reproduce:
    In Windows, open MSPaint, then fill a color such as RGB(168, 106, 23) into the whole canvas. Then take screenshots using these 3 methods. Then use Digital Color Meter to check the colors. You'll find the color for 1) is RGB(167, 105, 35), while the color for 2) 3) is RGB(168, 106, 23).

2. Zhenzhen_Zhan

Zhenzhen_Zhan Bit poster

P.S. While using Digital Color Meter please select Display Native Values, not in RGB or sRGB.

3. Zhenzhen_Zhan

Zhenzhen_Zhan Bit poster

Also, while using macOS Shift+Command+3 Windows may eat this shortcut, so just workaround by activating another macOS window. I don't know how to do it without this workaround.

4. Zhenzhen_Zhan

Zhenzhen_Zhan Bit poster

Parallels staff, could you check this?

5. XavierB1

XavierB1 Bit poster

Hi, I don't know how to solve this but I tried this on my end and it looks like this is indeed caused by the color profile:
    The method 1) you described does not save any Color Profile within the screen shot.
    But method 3) and 2) does save your Color Profile inside the screen shot.
    Hope this helps.

YuvalG1 likes this.