Sound Problems: only microphone availabe

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ThomasH8, Mar 1, 2017.

1. ThomasH8

ThomasH8 Member

Got a problem here which I need help for: I developed a program which records sounds from any source. Its mainly to record some audiostuff from various synthesizers out of my DAWs, think of a kind of library. However I cannot choose certain inputs in my VM 11.1 only "Parallels Standard Audio" which means here microphone. No other input source can be selected in Windows 10. Microphone is no option for me though. I´m no Windows user normally, maybe I´m doing a wrong handling here?
    Help is really appreciated.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi ThomasH8,
    Make sure audio is properly configured in your VM configuration:
    Open Mac System Preferences > Sound, and note what devices are chosen for Input and Output. Then, go to your VM's Configuration > Hardware > Sound, and make sure the "connected" option is checked. Also, check to see if either Default or the specific device corresponding to the real device in your Mac Sound preferences (2) is selected for both the Input and Output device. This blog would help you to fix the sound issue in virtual machine.

3. ThomasH8

ThomasH8 Member

Thanks Paul Chris,
    which option "connected" do you mean? There is none. Please look to the pic attached.
    Screenshot 2017-03-02 10.52.20.png