Support for Miracast : Windows 'Connect' feature for 'Projecting to this PC"

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AliJ, Jan 29, 2017.

1. AliJ

AliJ Member

Windows 10 Anniversary has ability to let you project from an external device such as your phone to your pc using the Connect feature and 'Projecting to this PC' feature. But all i get is "This device doesent support receiveing Miracast, so you cant project to it wireessly".

Is there a setting to change on the virtual machine to get this support?

2. Hi, please check this article and let us know if it;s not that case.

3. AliJ

AliJ Member

that article does not apply. Again this is the Windows 10 pro Anniversary edition that has the new Miracast receiver feature with the built-in Connect App and I am trying to project my phone screen to my PC using the windoes connect Feature built into Windows 10 Annniversary edition. See screen shot attached as what I get and this link http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/screencast-android-windows-10/

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      74 KB
      Views:
  4. AliJ

AliJ Member

Can I get an update on this? I dont understand why "Projecting to this PC" doe not work and displays "This device doesent support receiveing Miracast, so you cant project to it wireessly". This is a new feature in Windows 10 Pro Anniversary edition that has the new Miracast receiver feature with the built-in Connect App and I am trying to project my phone screen to my windows. See this link http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/screencast-android-windows-10/ for more information on this new feature.

5. AliJ

AliJ Member

Hello? any ideas anyone on this?

6. AliJ

AliJ Member

Hello? any update if "project to this pc" will be supported?

7. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi,
    Does your Windows 10 show the device that you need to project into?

8. AliJ

AliJ Member

I can project out to extrernal devices fine but this thread is about projecting my externial device (mobile screen) inward on the PC. Its the "Project to this PC" option that produces the error. see the screen shot i had posted earlier as it clearly says its not upported on this computer... My question is does parallels support this feature of windows or not?

9. AliJ

AliJ Member

hello, anyone?

10. AliJ

AliJ Member

still no support with latest update Version 12.2.0 (41591) :(

11. JohnB28

JohnB28 Bit poster

I would also like to do this and am interested in a resolution to this question......any ideas out there?

12. WLA

WLA Bit poster

I am having a similar problem... my Windows 10 through Parallels says that miracast isn't supported. I'd like to understand if i can use miracast with Parallels. It's a straightforward question... is it supported or not?

13. Jack15

Jack15 Bit poster

I've just downloaded the trial and this still doesn't work. The main problem seems to be that parallels chooses to represent my laptop wireless card as a wired card, and therefore windows says it doesn't support miracast. When will this be supported please?