QUALITY SELECTION FOR VIDEO SCREEN RECORDING

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox Feature Suggestions' started by Rihard, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Rihard

Rihard Bit poster

Hello,

may I ask if there is a quality and frame selection in video recording of the screen or area?

If not, then I would suggest to implement this feature.

It would help a lot since sometimes we don't need such high quality or sometimes we need better. Also there should be a selection of how many frames per second we want.

And it should ask the user under which file format it should be saved and where of course.

If possible I would add to remove mouse pointer as well.

Regards

Rihard S.

MichalJ1, BenjaminL3, AdiD and 2 others like this.
  2. MichalJ1

MichalJ1 Bit poster

You should made this: Video resolution and frame rate adjustment

3. Alex Patsay

Alex Patsay Parallels Team

We have added a feature in Toolbox 2.5 where all record screen tools have a new option for video size, that reduces video file resolution
    Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 9.54.46 AM.png

4. DanielMoravek

DanielMoravek Bit poster

Original size doesnt work on 2560x1440 display its still recording in 1920x1080, can you add bitrate (low/med/high and lossless h264 -qp0) options too ?
    I really missing more alternatives on desktop recording market (excluding expensive camtasia) -> something which can record sharp and fast in uncompressed AVI for further editing. (vegas, virtualdub etc)
    Most of screen recorders on the market are very limited in options and producing kind of blurry image quality. (GPU HW solutions are worst at this, high bitrate poor quality)

5. JoyJ

JoyJ Bit poster

I tried with FFmpeg on 2017 macbook pro (3.1Ghz i5) and it seems like it's very hard (full CPU usage and 0.9x) to compress 2560x1440 h.264 in real-time (even with "fast" preset) without hardware acceleration. I guess you have to stick with GPU hardware acceleration and frameworks Apple provides.