Windows 10 build 15063 blue screen after installing Parallels Tools

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by PedroH1, Mar 22, 2017.

1. PedroH1

PedroH1 Bit poster

Today i installed the lateste build of windows 10 Preview 15063 andafter the update was complete, the system worked just fine. But after installing the parallels tools and restarting, the system just never starts again. It was stuck in a bluescreen and nothing could solve it but returning to a previous snapshot. anyone with the same issue?

2. Hi, please try to boot your VM in safe mode, uninstall tools and reinstall it again.

3. PedroH1

PedroH1 Bit poster

Hey, my VM doesn't even boot to safe mode. It goes to Bluescreen right after showing the windows logo. I tried to boot in safe mode but no success :(

SergelK likes this.
  4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

@PedroH1 please share the screenshot of the exact error message of BSOD so that we could help!

5. JanD2

JanD2 Bit poster

I have a very similar problem.
    * MacBook Air
    * Mac OS X El capitan
    * Parallels 12.1.3
    * Windows10 Pro

Upon booting Windows, it says "PC ran into a problem and needs to be restarted; we'll restart for you" and ends up in an infinite loop doing so. The message Windows gives in addition is "System thread exception not handled".

I found a thread on this forum reporting the same problem that should be resolved via the 'repair' option of Windows but I can't enter Windows in the first place. Similarly, it suggests using F8 to shortcut to the fixing module of Windows but this doesn't seem to work either.

6. PedroH1

PedroH1 Bit poster

This is the error. The system repair tool is not working. It continues in loop after safe mode, system repair, everything. Note that the update to 15063 was completely normal. The problems begin after Parallels automatically instals Parallels Tools and ask you to restart Windows. After that, the system never comes back.

Attached Files:

7. Please generate the problem report using this KB article and reply us back with the report ID.

8. FadiT1

FadiT1 Bit poster

I have the same problem, exactly as described.
    First run after update to 15063 is good, then parallels tools instals automatically then a restart is required, blue screens of death afterwards. Then windows runs the into an early selection menu, in which the only option that would let things work is reverting back to previous windows version.
    I hope a solution comes out soon.

9. SergelK

SergelK Bit poster

You can try these methods to boot into Windows 10 Safe Mode, even when you are having a BSOD error that prevents you from accessing both regular mode and Safe Mode.

https://win10tips.net/windows-10-safe-mode/

10. FadiT1

FadiT1 Bit poster

I was able to boot to safe mode without trouble. The first problem there was to be able to uninstall parallels tools. I had to edit registry to enable some MSIService in order to activate the installation services. It worked and PTools was uninstalled.
    I rebooted then reinstalled it (in regular windows, not safe mode).
    The same problem comes back. Blue Screen on every regular boot (not safe mode).
    Obviously the problem is with parallel tools. Any help on how this could be solved?
    Thnaks

11. FadiT1

FadiT1 Bit poster

Ok, I just retried the whole process one more time.
    After reinstalling the Parallel Tools for the first time after being uninstalled, windows runs okay for one time. The whole screen becomes utilized (porbably PTools driver was able to extend windows screen to fit the retina display) but a message saying you need to restart windows to finish installing parallel tools mouse driver (something amongst these lines) keeps popping. Once I restart I get to the blue screen, no way back except 1-reverting to previous windows version OR 2- Going to safe mode and uninstalling PTools.
    Hope this help identifying the problem and getting a solution
    Thanks.

12. MarkusW2

MarkusW2 Bit poster

I had the same problem: Windows 15063 installs flawlessly, but as soon as I reboot after the installation of Parallels Tools, I get a BSOD (Unhandled Exception). I used following trick that seems to help: Once the Parallels Tools are installed, do NOT click "Reboot", but choose "Reboot Later", followed by a shutdown of Windows. After you restart, everything seems to be fine. But, nevertheless: Parallels needs to work on this

13. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Folks, we are investigating this issue and will be working on a fix. Please stand by until further notice.

FadiT1 likes this.
  14. MartinS10

MartinS10 Bit poster

Any updates on this? :(

15. MarkusW2

MarkusW2 Bit poster

Well
    1) Parallels are already working on it
    2) You may opt "Restart later", shutdown the VM and later start it again. This helped me

16. MartinS10

MartinS10 Bit poster

Nice tip if you had already a BSOD ;)

17. ThomasP3

ThomasP3 Bit poster

Shutting down the VM and starting later again did not help me at all.

18. JohnK3000

JohnK3000 Bit poster

I also tried shutting down the VM and starting it again (not restarting) and I also received the BSOD on startup. So it looks like I will reinstall Parallels Tools, then "Postpone" the restart indefinitely.

19. ThomasP3

ThomasP3 Bit poster

Wow, postponing the restart indefinitely practically solved the issue for me... :rolleyes:

20. JohnK3000

JohnK3000 Bit poster

Not offering it up as a solution, obviously.