Patch Management using macOS Server SUS as a centerpiece

Discussion in 'Parallels Mac Management for Microsoft SCCM' started by ParallelsU61, Mar 28, 2017.

1. ParallelsU61

ParallelsU61 Bit poster

Hi.
    I'm trying to implement a Patch Management solution with PMM. As it is described in the documentation and for my context, I need to get a local server that holds the updates. So you guessed it, I tried to start a macOS Server Software Update Service. I'm doing that while I know that this service is broken for months now. When it works, the known issue is that enabled updates auto-disable themselves after some time. I may have a script from AppleCare to fix the issue, I don't know yet if it may work. My question is : how are you handling this situation with a deprecated SUS than is broken as your patch management centerpiece. Did you give up with SUS for another local server like Reposado ? Or do you deploy packages downloaded directly from Apple using standard application management ? Any feedback would be very welcomed !
    Best regards.
    Franck.

2. Yury Averkiev

Yury Averkiev Program Manager Member

Hi Franck, we suggest to use Reposado. PMM was tested with Apple's update server. We didn't test PMM with a locally deployed Apple SUS.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  3. ParallelsU61

ParallelsU61 Bit poster

Hi Yury. For now, I can say that PMM can import the updates catalogs from the Apple SUS as described in the documentation puis we may move to Reposado according to the fact that the SUS even in Server 5.3 is totally screwed up. Your kb is there : http://kb.parallels.com/fr/123841. We may prefer to use a Mac for that task. Thanks for your support. Franck.