Can't run on Desktop and Laptop? You're losing a customer

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MichaelE, Apr 11, 2017.

1. MichaelE

MichaelE Member

I used to be able to run Parallels on my home desktop machine as well as on my laptop when I was travelling. This functionality has now been removed.
    I have been a user of Parallels since 2007. It is very disappointing to have had this changed. I upgraded from version 3 to version 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12. I don't believe I'll be able to continue to be a customer, however.

2. Hi @MichaelE we have a politic 1 license for 1 Mac, that is why you cannot run 1 Parallels Desktop license on 2 Macs at one time.
    However in order to unregister license and moving it to the new Mac you can use this KB article

3. MichaelE

MichaelE Member

Maria, previously we used to be able to run Parallels on both a desktop and a laptop. I upgraded many times and never had this before. You have changed your policies, and changed them for the worse. Right now I'm looking at your competitors, VMWare and Crossover, because I can't be expected to deregister and re-register my Mac every time I go on a business trip and need my laptop. You changed your policies, and I have to consider no longer being your customer.