Cannot stop Apple menu bar from dropping down at the top of Parallels desktop...

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MarkL12, Apr 11, 2017.

1. MarkL12

MarkL12 Junior Member

I'm using (or trying to) OS X Sierra with Parallels 12.1.3. I cannot stop the Apple menu bar from dropping down when I move the cursor near the top of the Parallels desktop and it is annoying in the extreme. I've tried all of the suggestions that I managed to unearth in this forum and NOTHING works!

Is there any way to stop it or is this a new "feature" the programmers have blessed me with?

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @MarkL12, please shut down your virtual machine and go to virtual machine configuration-> Options->Full screen -> Check "Optimize full screen for games" and let us know how it works.

3. MarkL12

MarkL12 Junior Member

Thanks PaulChris! That worked...FINALLY! I already had the setting checked but closing, checking and unchecking the box referenced above, and restarting Parallels caused it to take this time. Perhaps it was just a "hiccough" in the settings being properly recognized. Thanks again.

4. MarkL12

MarkL12 Junior Member

Spoke too soon! Apple menu still popping up on the Parallels desktop. :mad:

5. PaulChristopher@Parallels

You're welcome. Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help!

6. MarkL12

MarkL12 Junior Member

Hi PaulChris! Please reread my post above. The problem IS NOT sorted!

7. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Please be informed that Parallels Desktop 12 Update 12.2 (41591) was released. Please update Parallels Desktop to the latest build. Please note that Parallels Tools also needs to be updated (Actions > Update Parallels Tools) and let us know how it works.

8. MarkL12

MarkL12 Junior Member

Did that and STILL have the same problem. I'm to the point of considering downgrading to a previous version. This should not be as difficult to resolve as it is. Are these things not tested before release?

Here are screenshots showing what happens when I mouse up and down in Parallels and a screenshot of my Full Screen settings which should prevent the behaviour I'm witnessing.

Screen-Shot-2017_1.gif Screen-Shot-2017_2.gif Screen Shot 2017_3.png

9. MarkL12

MarkL12 Junior Member

Any suggestions anyone?

10. MarkL12

MarkL12 Junior Member

Ok I restarted again and right now things seem to be working properly. We shall see if it holds.

11. MarkL12

MarkL12 Junior Member

Nope! Still doing it! What an absolute joke. Looks like Parallels 12 is gamma level software being marketed at an alpha price.