Printing problems in Parallels12

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JohanE1, Aug 19, 2016.

1. LeeY

LeeY Bit poster

I've had two sessions with tech support and now waiting on contact from "next level of support" to resolve the issue. This is horrible. I've used PD 10 and PD 11 for well over a year and no printing issues with Yosemite and El Capitan, but after upgrading to Sierra and PD12.0.2-41353 I can't print. Very frustrating! My only solution is to restore from Time Machine back to El Capitan and PD 11 and request a refund for PD12. But, then I can't upgrade from El Capitan to Sierra. I've waited since this morning for contact from next level support after two frustrating days with Parallels tech support unable to fix this problem.

2. Did you try the Bounjur app as a workaround?

3. AndreyL1

AndreyL1 Bit poster

As I reported, I went back to version 10. And wait until the matter is resolved correctly.

4. KristijanV

KristijanV Bit poster

It seems that it just does not work with text files and emails. Printing image files is not a problem.
    Is there any solution yet?

5. Hello KristijanV, please try to install Parallels tools manually and let us know if that makes any changes.

6. KristijanV

KristijanV Bit poster

Thank you, but it's still not working.

7. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello, please be informed that Parallels Desktop 12 Update 12.1.1 (41491) was released and it resolves an issue with printing from Windows using a shared printer from Mac, with error message "There was an internal error and Parallels Desktop is unable to print this document". Please update Parallels Desktop to the latest build. Latest version always available here: www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd12 Please note that Parallels Tools also needs to be updated (Actions > Update Parallels Tools) and let us know how it works. Thanks!

8. OndrejP

OndrejP Bit poster

Hi, I have Parallels Desktop 12 Update 12.1.1 (41491) and still have the same problem with any printer. Can't print from any MS Office SW, SAP etc.

9. OskanD

OskanD Bit poster

I also have the problem. All updates installed! Also tools installed new....

10. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

Do you get any error message while printing ?If so, could you please generate a Problem Report ID ?
    Are you using network printer? If so, did you adjust the network connection of the virtual machine to "Bridged(Default Adapter)"?

11. SirioN

SirioN Bit poster

Hi I have Desktop 12 Update 12.1.1(41491) too and still have the problem. After a clean reboot, first printing it's ok, the second appear on the "see what's printing" windows for a while and disappear, no requests, no errors.
    On the eventvwr the only strange event is an error on System:
    The EPSON_PCS_Parallel_Port_Driver service failed to start due to the following error:

The system cannot find the device specified.

But if you try to print to any printer also to PDF (Mac) doesn't work. It works only the PDF, XPS local.
    I tried both USB and Network printers

12. SirioN

SirioN Bit poster

Reinstalled Parallels Tools. From notepad it prints. From Office suite nope... from excel I've an error memory error message.
    Also Adobe Acrobat 15, doesn't work
    Trying with Microsoft Edge I had an internal Error sent to Support ID: 14218219, but next try with another page was fine.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  13. LaszloM2

LaszloM2 Bit poster

Hi!
    I use parallels 12.1.1(41491) and win7, I have this message: "There was an internal error and Parallels Desktop is unable to print this document"".
    I unchecked Shared Printers and make sure the "show page setup options before printing" . Then it works, but i want to print to pdf from win.
    What is my problem? An other macmini it is work, but on my new MacbookPro is doesn't.
    Thank you

14. AndrewO1

AndrewO1 Bit poster

I have the same problem I think. My windows programs - specifically Word - see my printer but its an all in one printer and it seems to have selected the fax and not the printer itself... I can't seem to activate the normal printer, in fact I can't seem to find the normal printer

15. DennisP3

DennisP3 Junior Member

When selecting my HP All In One printer, Parallels 12 selected the fax and not the printer by default. I resolved the issue by deleting the fax "printer".

16. JoelH1

JoelH1 Member

I have the same problem, having upgraded to Parallels 13. I have two network printers which work fine on the Mac side and show up in the windows printers installed list, but when I try to print, nothing happens, not even an error message.