Previous activation key not working

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MartinL3, Jan 11, 2016.

1. ErikN3

ErikN3 Bit poster

I am having the same problem here, I already purchased the upgrade. My activation code is for Pro Edition but now I want only desktop not Pro. How should I proceed? Where I can pay the difference?

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi ErikN3, please check your private message and reply us.

3. TAEH

TAEH Bit poster

I am having the same problem here.
    I have an upgrade license key and the legacy key.
    it says 'the product key of a previous version of parallels desktop has been not accepted'
    I cannot use mine now.

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

5. TA-SHIOUC

TA-SHIOUC Bit poster

bought 12 upgrade but have 9, found out can't do upgrade from 9 only afterwards. Need refund. Please let me know how to get this done.
    Parallel 12 Upgrade Ref. No. 107915643

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2017
  6. TA-SHIOUC

TA-SHIOUC Bit poster

Please help with my above request

7. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

As per your request, we processed a refund.
    To continue with Parallels Desktop, you need to purchase the full version of Parallels Desktop 12.

8. shahznk

shahznk Bit poster

plz send me link, i dont seem to know where to find the previous key

9. Karthik@Parallels

Karthik@Parallels Member

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out. Please let us know if you have used Parallels Desktop in the past.

10. shahznk

shahznk Bit poster

no, i realize i have purchased these upgrade rather then the software, how do i get a refund?

11. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

We have sent you a private message. Please check it and reply to the same.

12. GabrielaS

GabrielaS Bit poster

hi I purchased the upgrade version for students for the first time never having bought anything else before and I'm trying to activate my account but I need a key from the previous version. How do I get this or get a refund so that I can buy the normal version instead of the upgrade version since I do not have the previous version.

13. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We don't have anything called student edition upgrade. We see that you have purchased a standard upgrade and for that, you have already requested a refund. You can purchase Student Edition on OnTheHub.

14. ErickH1

ErickH1 Bit poster

Hello Paul, I am having the same problem here, I just buy parallels 14. How should I proceed?

15. ErickH1

ErickH1 Bit poster

I just bought the parallels 14 upgrade and when i enter the key for my previous version the "activate" button doesn't work.
    Please help thank you!

16. Hi ErickH1. Parallels Desktop 14 can be activated using the upgrade license only if you have version 12 or 13 permanent license key. If you do not have the previous version, please reply with the order reference # for the purchase of the upgrade license key so that we will process the refund. Then you can purchase a full version license key and activate the product.

17. ErickH1

ErickH1 Bit poster

Hi Sathiya, thx for the Fast and positive Response. As you request here I send you the order reference number: 158XXXXXX
    Can you please let me know if it works and let me know when can I buy the full version, please. Thx & sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2018
  18. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

The concerned order has been refunded. The refunded amount will return to your account within 5 - 7 business days. The license key associated with this order (T8Z4HW-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX) has been deactivated.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  19. YuriiM

YuriiM Bit poster

After installing BigSur Parallels stooped working - was too old for it. Bought a new Upgrade, installed it and unexpected thing happened - can find old license key.
    Reading the above posts I assume I need to pay for it. Can I have a link for it? Thank you.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  20. Hi, we can help you with finding your previous Parallels Desktop license key.
    Could you provide us with your Parallels Account email address please?