Desktop Items Created on OS X Desktop Do Not Appear On Windows Desktop

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JoelCYYZ, Apr 17, 2017.

1. JoelCYYZ

JoelCYYZ Member

Background: I have a mid-2012 MBA which is running MacOS 10.12.4 as the native OS and Windows 10 Pro as the guest OS. I have already tried solving the below described problem by i) the restarting my MBA and ii) uninstalling and re-installing Parallel Tools, neither of which had any impact.

Problem: If "add" (create / paste / save / etc.) a file to the MacOS Desktop it i) does not appear on the Windows 10 Desktop but ii) it does appear in File Explorer / Desktop (i.e. the added file is being saved on the Windows 10 Desktop but cannot be seen on the Windows 10 Desktop). If I add a file to the Windows 10 desktop it i) does appear on the MacOs Desktop band ii) it does appear in Finder / Desktop.

I will also note that I confirm that Parallels has been setup to share the desktop between MacOS and Windows 10.

Observation: If I change the resolution of the Windows 10 virtual machine (i.e. to 1280 x 800 and then back to 1440 x 900 [i.e. its native and original / start-up resolution] then the file which was originally added to the MacOS Desktop but could not been seen on the Windows 10 Desktop becomes visible on the Windows 10 Desktop.

Ask: Please provide a solution to this problem as it is making working on both the MacOS and Windows 10 environments at the same time very difficult.

Thanks in advance.

2. Karthik@Parallels

Karthik@Parallels Member

@JoelCYYZ Hi. You can try steps suggested in this article and see if it helps.

3. JoelCYYZ

JoelCYYZ Member

I have since spoken to Parallels Level 1 and Level II support and this has been confirmed as a reproducible big that has recently been introduced...I am told it will take at least 2 weeks to look into and possibly fix...I am not trying to be negative but given the fact that the iSight Camera bug has yet to be fixed I am not confident that this one will be either...

PS. After a long time using Parallels it may be time to try Fusion...