Intermittent Network Loss Since Creator Update

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by StephenS4, Apr 19, 2017.

1. StephenS4

StephenS4 Bit poster

Since the update randomly my Windows 10 VM loses connectivity. OSX continues to have connectivity. Running the Windows 10 Network Troubleshooter results in the error message '"Ethernet 3" doesn't have a valid IP configuration'. With no further action on my part, after 10-15 minutes the Windows 10 VM will reconnect and run fine..until it happens again. I have been unable to find any recent reports of this type of problem in the Parallels forums. This appears to have begun after the Windows update (and the Parallels 12 update). Is anyone else having this issue, and does anyone know of an action I can take to fix this?

SergelK likes this.
  2. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

3. StephenS4

StephenS4 Bit poster

I twice reinstalled Tools but the error recurred quickly. I then reinstalled Tools and changed the Configuration..Network 1 setting from Default Adapter to Shared. After the required reboot the problem appears solved. Thank you.

4. Karthik@Parallels

Karthik@Parallels Member

@StephenS4 Glad to know about that. Let us know if you need further assistance with Parallels.

5. SergelK

SergelK Bit poster

I found this on the Internet and think it might be helpful.
    https://usefulpcguide.com/18773/fix-ethernet-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-configuration-error-in-windows/
    Also, many users suggested to use static IP instead of dynamic.

6. Karthik@Parallels

Karthik@Parallels Member

This article may be helpful to attain the functionality.