Screen resolutions are not detected properly when in "Best of External Diplay" mode

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AliJ, Apr 6, 2017.

1. AliJ

AliJ Member

I have set the Graphics resolution setting to Best for external display and its extreamly buggy.

I am using my external 3840x2160 display as my MAIN display and My Mac's built in retna 2880x1800 display as my second screen. I have them set as "Extend these displays" in windows since i want them side by side. I have things set for FULL Screen view.

The problem is the Screen resolutions are not detected properly. When I first start Windows 10 Pro (Annuversary edition), somehow windows autoamtically resets my mac display to 1024x768 by default every time I boot, and I have to mannually change it to 2880x1800 every time I start windows. It also sets my external monitor to 3360x1890 every time i boot for unkown reason and i have to manually change it to 3840x2160.

It also appears Parallel Tools mixes up which display is which. Windows shows 2880x1800 as the (recommended) resolution for my external monitor with is not correct. Windows does not show any (recommended) resolution for my mac display with is quite strainge and it shows resolutions that are not even supported by my Mac display like 3840x2160!

Can we please get these fixed!

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @AliJ, did you try it in the latest build of Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac which is 12.2 (41591)? Please let us know how it works.

3. AliJ

AliJ Member

I installed Version 12.2.0 (41591) and its even worse now :(. With external monitor set as my primry display, windows sees max resolution as 2880x1800 insted of 3840x2160 when in full screen mode. its really crazy and useless that i cannot run in full screen anymore. i renstalled tools and still same thing. even tried recreating VM with same drive. and even worse if i change to windowed mode and back to full screen it resets to 1024x768 every time... Please help.