Help with errors when attempting to install XP Pro

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by NickD2, Apr 29, 2017.

1. NickD2

NickD2 Bit poster

When I attempt to create the virtual machine, the DOS box pops up and keeps teling me that the operations has "Failed". May I get some help with this please. Thank you.

2. NickD2

NickD2 Bit poster

A bit more info...
    I created an ISO file on the XP machine. Copied it to the MacBook Pro.
    PXE-E53: No boot filename received
    CD-ROM drive... failed
    Floppy Drive... failed
    No Boot Device is available, press Enter to continue​

and the above just repeats itself.

3. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

4. NickD2

NickD2 Bit poster

Arun, thank you. I D/L'd a diff version of XP Pro SP3 (I did not create another one from my paid version of XP Pro) and low & behold got it installed. I also have Crossover installed on this machine (similar to Parallels). Maybe you would know the answer to this, is it possible to install Windows apps directly from Parallels or do I have to continue to install them via Crossover? I want to run the Windows apps from inside Windows due to the fact that I use Adobe PageMaker a lot. Printing is an issue using PageMaker through Crossover. Thank you kindly.

5. Arun@Parallels

Hi @NickD2 , to run Windows application using Parallels Desktop for Mac, first you have to install Windows virtual machine and create a Windows environment, where you can install the applications inside it provided it is compatible with the Windows operating system which is installed.

6. NickD2

NickD2 Bit poster

XP is up and running on the MacBook. Should be smooth from here. Thank you again sir.

7. Arun@Parallels

You are welcome. Please reach us anytime for further assistance.

8. Wikik

Wikik Bit poster

Some time Old version does not work Properly. Before Some year same issue with me then I Download Latest and Update ISO and Make Bootable drive. Here you can Download Windows XP service pack 3 iso if face any issue so reply here.

9. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Thanks for your active participation @Wikik, we would love to have a fan like you!

10. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Thanks for the suggestion @MuhammadU It's very helpful!

11. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi @MuhammadU, thanks for the suggestions. Yes! .Net framework is needed and you can get the latest from this article.

12. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi @gabiruy, thanks for the suggestions. It seems that you might have installed an older build. Feel free to reach out anytime and we are happy to assist you further.

13. EugeneL1

EugeneL1 Bit poster

Your answer is best i was using SP2 but now i am going to update it to SP3

14. noahL1

noahL1 Bit poster

15. MacS2

MacS2 Bit poster