Transferring activation code to a new mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by BrendaL1, Apr 8, 2017.

1. JasonB13

JasonB13 Bit poster

Hi Arun-
    When I sign into my account during activation, the program/server cannot find my product key. When I enter it manually, the product key is accepted as an upgrade key and then requires that I provide a second/previous key.
    Please help.
    Thanks.

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We see that you have a Parallels Desktop Pro Upgrade key which will require a valid previous key to complete the activation. We can see Parallels Desktop 4 and 5 keys in your account but you will need Parallels Desktop 10/11 key as a previous key to complete the activation. Let us know if you have any of those keys.

3. JasonB13

JasonB13 Bit poster

I purchased my key at version 11 in June of 2016 and it worked without issue. My key also worked when version 12 was released as my subscription is current. So what are the next steps?

4. josem11

josem11 Bit poster

Hi,
    I'm having the same issue, upgraded to a new Mac and now when I try to install Parallels I get this message:
    "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key."
    Please Help

5. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made necessary changes, try to activate again.

6. josem11

josem11 Bit poster

Worked like a charm. Thank you very much

7. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are happy to hear that. You can reach us anytime for support.

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We request you to confirm if you are using Parallels Desktop Pro on only one Mac. If you are using it only on the new Mac then we can create a ticket for you and check with our marketing team regarding the issue. In the meantime, you can activate Parallels Desktop 12 trial and use the virtual machine.

9. TonyC6

TonyC6 Bit poster

I am having the same problem, except I am using the same Mac, I can still use it a few days ago on this same Mac, and now it ask me to activate and says I have reached the max. number of activations available. Can anyone help?

10. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @TonyC6, we have made few changes in the key settings, please restart Parallels Desktop to reactivate with the same activation key.

11. kiwamil

kiwamil Bit poster

I just landed on a trip and have been trying to activate my my parallels. I specifically left my PC because I knew I had this license. I really need the software I purchased less than two years ago to work.

12. FlorianS2

FlorianS2 Bit poster

Hello,
    I have the sam issue. The activation windows tells me that I have reached the maximum number of computers, but I want to move my licence to my new Mac. Could you help me, please? Thank you.

13. JozefS

JozefS Bit poster

Hi,
    my old mac is broken, however I restored data from backup on my new mac, but now I can't activate parallels. I got the message "you have reached maximum number of activations".
    Could you help me please? Thank you.

14. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Hello Florian, we have reset your Parallels Desktop license key. Please activate once again and keep us posted.

15. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Hello Jozef, we have reset your Parallels Desktop license key. Please activate once again and keep us posted.

16. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

hello Kiwamil, we have reset the license key. Please activate once again and let us know how it goes.

17. FlorianS2

FlorianS2 Bit poster

Hello Swati, thank your very much for your assistance. I was able to activate Parallels again.

18. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Sounds great. Please feel free to reach us anytime.

19. JozefS

JozefS Bit poster

Hi Swati, thank you very much for your help. I've activated again.

20. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

You're welcome! @JozefS Please let us know if you have any questions about the product and we are here to help!