Mouse problems in full screen

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by LennyK, Apr 30, 2016.

1. LennyK

LennyK Bit poster

I'm running parallels 11, with a windows 10 guest os. Whenever I run full screen with multiple monitors, anytime I move the cursor between monitors it gets "lost" for a couple of seconds. It will shift back to the OSX mouse pointer for a few seconds and I can't click anything. I've tried tried changing the mouse setting to Don't optimize for games, and it made no difference.

2. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Hi Lenny,
    Start your Windows virtual machine and check for Windows updates then try reinstalling Parallels Tools click here for more information and let us whether it works.

3. LennyK

LennyK Bit poster

I checked for updates, and my windows install was up to date. I then reinstalled parallels tools, and it had not made any difference.

4. Hello LennyK,
    Try this step:
    -> Under mouse setting make sure that "Mouse pointer sticks at Windows edges" is unchecked.
    Let us know if it makes any changes.

5. LennyK

LennyK Bit poster

It was already unchecked.

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello LennyK, please follow the instructions mentioned below to fix the issue:
    1.Shutdown your virtual machine and open its configuration
    2.Switch to Hardware tab and choose Boot Order menu.
    3.Expand Advanced Settings menu and insert the following flag in the Boot flags box:
    devices.usb.mouse=2

7. LennyK

LennyK Bit poster

I did that, and it didn't make any difference. if anything it got worse

8. Hello LennyK,
    Kindly reproduce the issue and send the 8 digit problem report id so that we can check it for you.

9. Znobrdr

Znobrdr Bit poster

I have similar mouse (it shows a mouse pointer but it doesn't move, the mouse is active (highlights icons) but no MOVING pointer) issue on my Enterprise version (not on my personal version though). This started with OSX 10.11.3 I believe. There was a P11 update shortly after OSX 11.3 so which is the issue I cannot assist. Interesting though is my personal machine running OSX 11.4 and most recent P11 has no mouse issues. Reinstalling P Tools will fix it but first causes a Windows crash (Win7Pro Enterprise) Using force quit and Rebooting windows will re-establish windows to working condition with mouse functional. Looking forward to a fix - it takes 20 minutes to get back to work.

10. LennyK

LennyK Bit poster

It seems to be working correctly after updating to parallels 11.2

11. Znobrdr

Znobrdr Bit poster

Most recent P (parallels) is 11.2.0 (32581) that the issue occurs. Logitech mouse had been installed from P9 through p11 with no issues. I removed as possible conflict; it did not make a difference.

12. BenR2

BenR2 Bit poster

Any update on this issue? I'm seeing it also.