Migration Assistant Causing Access on New MBP to Impersonate Other Mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by TresyK, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

I really appreciate all your patience and co-operation. We'll now investigate the issue internally and get back to you on this as soon as possible. Please stand by.

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Thanks for waiting. Is one of your Mac machines a result of drive cloning of the other? If so, then please perform these steps.

3. TresyK

TresyK Junior Member

I never got the email that presumably went out to alert me to the above question. As I said in the title to this thread, the MBP used Migration Assistant to set itself up from my older Mac Pro. You tell me if that's "cloning".

4. Hemnath@Parallels

Before we discuss this, please confirm whether you have actually performed the steps suggested earlier. Please do those steps (assuming they are related to your case) if you haven't already and revert with the results.

5. TresyK

TresyK Junior Member

You asked me to do those steps IF I had cloned my Mac, and I said asked you whether Migration Assistant constituted "cloning." If you wanted me to do those steps regardless of the answer, you should have skipped the "IF" part. Follow these steps, brought up for the first time months into this thread, fixed it. Seems in retrospect that it could have been solved in 5 minutes (which is what I expected when I asked), but I'm glad it's finally resolved.

6. Hemnath@Parallels

There's no need to make pointless presumptions, thinking that I asked you to perform the said steps regardless of whether or not you had cloned your Mac. After you indicated that you didn't know if Migration Assistant was the same as drive cloning, I asked you again to perform the said steps merely under a rational assumption that those steps might be related to your scenario, as Migration Assistant and drive cloning might have technical similarities although they are different processes. Anyways, good to know that the issue has been resolved. Pls get back to us for any further queries.

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  7. ZIMZ

ZIMZ Member

How do I get rid of this? I tried reinstalling over the migrated copy of Access, but that didn't fix it. I've tried logging in and out turning Access off and on. So far, nothing. I assume there's some cookie somewhere in the bowels of my Mac that needs to be deleted but I have no idea what it would be.

8. ZIMZ

ZIMZ Member

9. babaev

babaev Bit poster

Solved for me.

I've got the same issue (with Migration Assistant). And this article helped: https://kb.parallels.com/121134

(It really is about some ID, and it looks like to be same as cloning)

10. bohatbadhiyab

bohatbadhiyab Bit poster

Thanks for waiting. Is one of your Mac machines a result of drive cloning of the other?