Vista still has Sound Problem 5160

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Zenara25, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Zenara25

Zenara25 Member

I upgraded to 5160 but still I get stuttering sound in Media Player 11 for Vista. So it has not been fixed as stated.

Installed parallels 5160 and parallels tools 5160, restarted vm completely. Shut down VM. Rebooted my Macbook. Then restarted vm.

Hoping someday in version 3.0 to listen to Netflix or just music in Vista.

2. Archy

Archy Bit poster

I am listening music in Media Player 11 in Vista without problems.
    What I do: start Media Player with default settings and try to play any of music samples. OK.

Please provide more information and steps to reproduce.

3. Zenara25

Zenara25 Member

I got it working with Vista! I uninstalled the bootcamp drivers and reinstalled 1.4. Looked like there were multiple versions installed at the same time. No stuttering now.

Also I figured out how to get Netflix to work in Vista. I went into device manager and under display adapters I updated the parallels driver. Windows installed a 'standard vga graphics adapter'. This disables the parallels video driver. Not sure if having directx checked in vm config really does anything (with the parallels video driver disabled) but it seems to make the video a tiny bit more smooth. Probably just my imagination :)

The final extremely minor issue for me (since I don't play games on my Macbook) is that I still have the Paralllels Tools install logo on screen everytime I boot up my Vista VM. I haven't searched for a solution yet.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
  4. Archy

Archy Bit poster

Just go to Devices->CD/DVD Drive and disconnect vmtools.iso

5. Zenara25

Zenara25 Member

It worked. Thanks for your help.