Problem updating Windows 10 Pro under Parallels Desktop 12

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AlanB8, May 27, 2017.

1. AlanB8

AlanB8 Bit poster

I would like to install the latest MS security patches to Win 10 pro running under Parallels Desktop 12 on my MacBook Pro (macOS Sierra 10.12.5) and I'm getting an 0x80080005 error, "There were some problems installing updates..." (It doesn't look like any MS updates have been installed to this image.) I'm also running Trend Micro Antivirus (v7.0.1197) and have disabled Windows Defender. Any suggestions?

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi AlanB8, please disable or if possible uninstall Trend Micro Antivirus application, start updating MS Windows updates and keep us posted the results.

3. AlanB8

AlanB8 Bit poster

Turning off and ultimately uninstalling the Trend Micro AV didn't resolve the issue. I contracted MS Support & they performed diagnostics & ultimately downloaded an updated version of Win10. I still have to determine if reinstalling the Trend AV will cause additional problems.

Thanks for your suggestions.......

4. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Glad to hear that Windows update issue has been resolved. Windows 10 comes with default antivirus called Windows defender but if you still want to install Trend Antivirus, I would suggest you to create a snapshot before installing it and check the functionality.