Double Mouse cursors in KDE plasma 5

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by PankajK1, Mar 9, 2017.

1. PankajK1

PankajK1 Junior Member

Hi,

I absolutely love Parallels implementation of Parallels tools for Windows 10. Windows 10 experience is actually mostly better than native Bootcamp. But the situation with Linux is quite the opposite. Very few Linux distress work well with Parallels tools installed. One major issue that I found out is that I am seeing Double mouse cursors after installing parallels tools in KDE Neon. Same situation with OpenSuse Leap 42.2. I am new to Parallels therefore I would appreciate if any one here could help me out here.

2. rkulikov

rkulikov Parallels Developers

Can you please provide steps to reproduce the problem?

3. PankajK1

PankajK1 Junior Member

I just installed KDE Neon from the Live CD. After installation, I installed parallels tools using the GUI setup. After the reboot, everything was working as expected except the mouse was tiny and there were two cursors moving together. I tried to change the cursor from the KDE control centre, but the the Control centre would crash every time I clicked on the mouse section. This section was working fine before I installed Parallels tools. This bug is present not only in KDE Neon but in other linux distros with KDE plasma 5 as well (openSUSE Leap 42.2 for example also has this bug implying that the bug is common to KDE plasma 5).
    Hope this helps...

4. rkulikov

Frankly speaking I cannot reproduce it. Please, send us a problem report and post its id here. For this when issue is reproduced select virtual machine window and in Mac application menu go to Help -> Send Technical Data.

5. PankajK1

PankajK1 Junior Member

I have submitted the technical data via parallels app and the report ID number is
    162457182. This pic should paint a clearer picture of my issue. I hope this will help as this issue is quite irritating.
    BTW Parallels is the best app for running Windows 10 on Mac...hands down. Awesome job there. Keep up the good work.
    I just hope that this KDE issue can be resolved soon.

Attached Files:

6. RainerS1

RainerS1 Member

I can confirm this in part (in the sense of: something is fishy with the cursor in KDE desktops): installing openSUSE leap 42.2 seems to go well (it's beautiful, actually), but after parallels tool installation (parallels 12.1.3 latest update) the mouse cursor is gone. This is caused by parallels tool installation, before the installation the cursor works fine. One indicator: before parallels tools installation I can select different cursor themes in desktop configuration, after the installation of parallels toos cursor themes are disabled. The cursor is invisible, but the pointing functionality is still available. I can "blindly" push the cursor over the screen, and if it hovers over some functional element, I can click, right-click etc, and the requested function will be executed... Please fix!

7. PankajK1

PankajK1 Junior Member

That mouse pointer disappearing is also found in some other linux distros (especially gnome based distros). You can try "devices.usb.mouse=0" in the boot section to fix it. But unlike gnome, KDE just gives you double mouse pointers after that fix.

8. rkulikov

Sorry, I still cannot catch reproduction.

> That mouse pointer disappearing is also found in some other linux distros (especially gnome based distros)
    What exact distros and versions you are speaking about?

9. MahmoodS

MahmoodS Bit poster

The same occurs on Kubuntu Zesty.