Print to 24"x36" PDF

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by CraigC1, Jun 2, 2015.

1. CraigC1

CraigC1 Junior Member

I'm using architectural software on parallels 10 and windows 8.1. I need to print my drawings to PDF at 24"x36". The largest size that the Print to PDF (Mac Desktop) printer will do is 17"x36". Any ideas on how I can print to PDF at 24"x36"?

2. @CraigC1 as a probable solution please try the followng:
    1. Open devices and printers -> right click on you printer and choose "printer properties"
    2. In the Printer properties you will be able to choose paper size.

3. CraigC1

CraigC1 Junior Member

Thank you for your reply Maria. I invite you to follow your instructions to see that there is no paper size representing 24" x 36". We architects need this paper size.

4. @CraigC1 ,how did you add printer to VM?

5. @CraigC1, also please try the following:
    1. right click on printer and choose -> printer preferences
    2. Then in "Layout" tab click "Advanced..."
    3. In the appeared window please click on the "Paper size" -> choose "PostScript Custom Page Size" -> and then change settings to right size.

6. CraigC1

CraigC1 Junior Member

To answer your first question, I did not add this printer to the virtual machine, your company did.

If you now follow your instructions to choose a custom PostScript page size, you will find that the largest width it allows is 17 inches. Perhaps whomever set this up in your company did not know the value that 24" x 36" prints meant to architects. Perhaps you can convince them to add this paper size for us in an update ASAP. Thank you.

7. @CraigC1, Could you please try to set up printer in virtual machine with Bonjour application using this article and check the issue?

8. StephanS3

StephanS3 Bit poster

This may work with an actual printer but I have yet to find a way to print 24x36 in PDF. PostScript page width maximum 17" as above. Adobe no longer supports a PDF printer driver. Cannot create custom page sizes with "Microsoft Print to PDF" or "Print to PDF (Mac Desktop). There has to be some way to print a 24x36 PDF. Certainly I can't be the only one with this issue.

9. StephanS3

StephanS3 Bit poster

Ok. My solution was to download and install Bullzip PDF printer driver (Free). Install it from the Windows side. Works great, problem solved.

DeniseH1 likes this.
  10. DeniseH1

DeniseH1 Bit poster

Thanks for this. I often need custom page sizes for making maps, and this is a great solution. It's frustrating that the Parallels "Print to PDF (Mac Desktop)" has such limited page size restrictions.