Game inside Parallels 12 crashes when using EXTERNAL application.

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by marctraiderm, Jun 6, 2017.

1. marctraiderm

marctraiderm Bit poster

!CRITICAL BUG!

Hello. I have a game running in Parallels 12 called Star Trek Online.

Strangely the game crashes INSIDE the virtual machine as soon as I close an EXTERNAL application called Splashtop Remote Desktop (Remote control app)

Well, there is not much else to say, but that seems like its a very bad thing that an external application can crash a game inside a VM.

I'm using latest Sierra, I have forced Integrated GPU running, and thats about it.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @marctraiderm, are you running Parallels Desktop 12 on Mac OS X High Sierra?

3. marctraiderm

marctraiderm Bit poster

No, regular Sierra.

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @marctraiderm , if you are using Splashtop Remote application on your Mac, please try to isolate your Mac and Windows virtual machine by checking here and let us know if that helps.

5. marctraiderm

marctraiderm Bit poster

It does not help. I tried your suggestion. The games inside the VM still crash when I close Splashtop streamer.

To be clear:
    - Splashtop runs on Host (Where the VM's run upon), and it connects to a physically different PC altogether. The VM's and splashtop should be completely unrelated.
    - It seems the Stream should already be initiated and closed in order to trigger the crashes. Just opening splashtop and closing it does not trigger this behavior.

So its something with the streaming that Fusion doesnt appear to like, seems like some conflict.

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @marctraiderm, we would suggest you try the update for Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac 12.2.1 (41615) and keep us posted the results. Parallels strongly recommend keeping your copy of Parallels Desktop up-to-date. To download the latest update go to Parallels Desktop menu > Check for Updates.