1. DanielC6

DanielC6 Bit poster

I have just removed my windows 10 VM due I think it may have a had a virus and was running really slow. When I reinstalled windows 10 it knew my name, is this due the information been or parallels or something else?

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi DanielC6,
    When you create a Windows virtual machine using Parallels Express Installation then it will enable Shared Profile in the virtual machine which will create a same user account in Windows as you have on your Mac.

3. DanielC6

DanielC6 Bit poster

Does this also apply to the windows license key?

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

When you use Express Installation your Windows key will be saved in a file used by Parallels Desktop to activate Windows.

5. lorein

lorein Member

This might happen your system is having any kind malicious virus infection. So, verify that your system is having virus or not. Sometime uninstalling the application doesn't remove the virus/malware infection. There are many nasty viruses that have the ability to keep itself concealed during scanning.
    So if your Windows 10 operating system is infected then it is recommended to scan your system with the good antivirus program. Well, Windows 10 is having its own antivirus Windows Defender, but it is found this fails to scan the nasty malware infection.

You can utilize this: Windows Virus Removal Tool

This is completely safe, feel free to use it. Good Luck!!!