Phantom Taskbar

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by heggaton, Sep 12, 2007.

1. heggaton

heggaton Bit poster

Hey, I'm getting an unusual behavior with the taskbar in coherence.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but I couldn't find any reference to it.

When in coherence mode, I end up getting an outline of the bottom of the taskbar. The taskbar is set to auto hide. See the screen shot for an example.

[​IMG]

I'm running build 5160 but it's been happening with the last two betas I downloaded too.

2. alexg

alexg Parallels Developers

Hi,

Is option "Relocate automatically" is ON in the View->Customize->Ciherence ?

Alexander

3. kon_serg

kon_serg Bit poster

heggaton, Hi.

There are some questions for you:
    1) Is "Automatically hide and show Dock" option enabled in host?
    2) Is guest TaskBar show or hide for Coherence mode?
    3) Was GUEST "Auto-hide the task bar" option enabled in Single View mode?
    4) Can we see screenshot of the entire Mac desktop (when VM is in Coherence mode)?
    5) How many monitors you have? How are they placed relative to another one?

Serg.

4. hansderycke

hansderycke Member

I'm having the same issue, and I've logged a bug report for it. I have the dock of the host at the bottom of the screen, and the Windows taskbar at the left. Consequently, the line appears down the left side of the screen, about an inch from the edge (the taskbar is set about an inch wide). In essence, the line is the edge line of the taskbar.

1) the dock of the host is always visible
    2) The guest taskbar is set to show in Coherence mode
    3) The guest taskbar auto-hides
    and 5) single monitor

5. heggaton

heggaton Bit poster

0) Relocate automatically is enabled. Initially, I had the taskbar sitting up the top anyway (so no relocate was happening but it was still enabled) but it was still happening. It's now down the bottom in window/full screen and relocates to the top in coherence.

1) Nope
    2) It's always set to hide
    3) See point 2. I actually haven't seen an option to change it between different view modes.
    4) See below
    5) 1 24" iMac C2D (1st Gen)

Couple of observations:
    • It (only?) seems to occur when I start a new windows application.
    • Opening a new window (for example ctrl+n in IE) doesn't cause it to occur.
    • To get the taskbar to show, you actually have to hover the mouse over the phantom bar not the area where the bar should be - just below the Mac menu bar.

[​IMG]

Oh, BTW, great product! Keep up the good work :)

6. kon_serg

kon_serg Bit poster

Is Option View->Customize->Coherence->"Exclude Dock" enabled?

If it is, then try to resize Dock by mouse (more than 10 pixels...). Still the same?

Please, maximize any window in guest and place screenshot of entire Mac Desktop here.

Thanks.

Serg.

7. heggaton

heggaton Bit poster

Yep, it's enabled.

I resized it and discovered something interesting. At half size (next thumbnail), it's still occurring. At full size, the 2nd thumbnail, it's no longer occurring.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the maximised version as requested. You can see the bar is still there:

[​IMG]