Possible Excel 2013 Corruption?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by PhilB123, Jun 11, 2014.

1. PhilB123

PhilB123 Bit poster

Hi,
    I'm using Parallels V 8 for Mac. I'm also using Office 2013. Word works fine, Access works fine, Excel worked fine but now when I open Excel - coherence mode is enabled - it sort of pulsates like a heartbeat. Shrinking a bit an expanding a bit with the menu bar appearing and disappearing with each pulse. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall Office 2013. Does anyone have an alternative?

Thanks!
    Phil

2. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

3. lorein

lorein Member

To repair the corrupted Excel 2013 file, verify and install the latest updates. Set windows latest update to automatically download and install recommended updates. Sometimes installing any recommended and optional updates can frequently correct problems by replacing out-of-date files and also fixes vulnerabilities.
    Apart from start the Excel file in Safe mode by pressing and holding Ctrl while you may start the program or by using the "/safe" (that is, excel.exe /safe) option when you begin the program from the command line.

The entire given information is taken from: https://sites.google.com/site/excel2013troubleshooting/

4. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello @lorein. Appreciate your time on this thread. Thanks for the information.