1. PneuDeCorb

PneuDeCorb Member

I am running the latest build (5160) of Parallels...

My VM Config says that my disk size is allocated at 20GB and the actual used in the VM is over 6GB. It reports, from within Windows XP, that the max size of the disk is a hair over 7GB. The problem is that I am trying to install some new software and its reporting not enough disk space available.

I thought the VM disk file would expand as necessary up to the configuration max of 20GB?? I need more than the 7GB its reporting within Windows XP and recreating the disk image is not an option.

Is there a setting within the configuration or parallels tools that is keeping the disk from expanding as needed?

Options?

Pneu

2. pcorchary

pcorchary Junior Member

You need to first use the parallels image tool to expand the size of the image, THEN you need to expand the windows partition, either using diskpart.exe, or by booting the VM with some external tool like gpartd (liveimage) and expanding the FAT32 or NTFS partition into the unallocated space. hint: right click on My Comuputer >Manage computer> Disk management to see your current partition(s).