Parallels desktop 10: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by George Fidias, Dec 28, 2014.

1. WongC

WongC Bit poster

The problem fixed and many thanks.

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Glad to hear that! Feel free to reach us anytime for support.

3. HaiL1

HaiL1 Bit poster

I have the same problem. I have tried the following steps but it doesn't work:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online
    Could you please advise? Thanks

4. TamimS

TamimS Bit poster

I recently purchased a new macbook pro, and want to transfer my parallels license (10) to the new machine. I am getting this message:
    "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license" and the tried prlsrvctl activate-license-online" on the new computer, it still failed.

Can you please help me with this?
    Thanks!

5. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @HaiL1, I have made some changes to your license key. Please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (Finder > Go > Utilities > Terminal.app). Inside the Terminal window, enter the command 'prlsrvctl activate-license-online' (without the quotes) and hit 'Return'. Wait till the operation completes. Then, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.
    Hi @TamimS. I have made some changes to your license key. Please follow the steps I've provided right above and let me know how it goes.

6. TamimS

TamimS Bit poster

Thanks! It worked :)

7. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Glad to hear that :) You're welcome. Please get back to us for any further queries.

8. MaciejK

MaciejK Bit poster

Hello,
    I restored my TM Backup to new macbook and got "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license" mesage.
    Please help me activate it!
    Thanks!

9. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Hello MaciejK, we have reset your Parallels Desktop 10 license key. Please activate once again and keep us posted.

10. MaciejK

MaciejK Bit poster

Thanks! It worked

11. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Glad to hear that! Feel free to reach us anytime for support.

12. Matthew C. H.

Matthew C. H. Bit poster

Like others I've purchased a new MBP and want to move Parallels off old machine. I've signed out on the old computer and tried activating on the new on (key ending XW6) but get "You have reached the maximum number of activations..." Please help!

13. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made necessary changes, try to activate Parallels Desktop again.

14. DexterJ

DexterJ Bit poster

Like others I've purchased a new MBP and want to move Parallels off old machine. I've signed out on the old computer and tried activating on the new on but get "You have reached the maximum number of activations..." Need you help here

15. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @DexterJ, we've made necessary changes to your license key. Please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (Finder > Go > Utilities > Terminal.app). Inside the Terminal window, enter the command 'prlsrvctl activate-license-online' (without the quotes) and hit 'Return'. Wait till the operation completes. Then, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.

16. DavidM28

DavidM28 Bit poster

I'm having the same problem. I deactivated parallels 11 on my old mbp and am trying to install it on a new one and I get "You have reached the maximum number of activations...".

17. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @DavidM28, we have made few changes in the key settings, please reactivate with the same license key and keep us posted the results. Thanks!

18. DannyZ1

DannyZ1 Bit poster

I've got Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac licence key register on an old Mac and wish to move it to a new Mac.
    Please help me to deactivate Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac from old mac. In this version of "Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac", there is no option to deactivate a registered license. Please help.
    Note:

I've followed the instructions on the following articles, but no luck
    http://kb.parallels.com/au/116527
    http://kb.parallels.com/au/123461

19. DannyZ1

DannyZ1 Bit poster

Please kindly reset my current Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac activation. I'm having the same issue. Cheers

20. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online