iOS 11 Public Beta

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by Farhad1, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Farhad1

Farhad1 Bit poster

Hi there, I woul like to start using the new iOS 11 Beta. Does Parallels access work alright on it any reports?

Thanks

2. magulen

magulen Bit poster

Parallels Access crashes for me on the public beta of iOS, so hold off your upgrade if you use on regular basis.

3. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @Farhad1 & @magulen , we are aware of this issue and we are working on it and will be releasing the fix for this issue very soon.

JoeMeg and Farhad1 like this.
  4. JoeMeg

JoeMeg Bit poster

Just confirming that it crashes on my iPad Pro as well. So as magulen said, hold off for now if you need Parallels Access. Arun if you need a beta tester on the "fix" happy to help.

5. GuyC1

GuyC1 Bit poster

Some here - iPad Pro 12.9 inch running iOS 11 beta 2 - crashes on start. Arun, if you need another beta tester on the "fix" would be glad to help as well.

6. kjason

kjason Bit poster

Any ETA on the fix/release? Would love to not have to restore back to iOS10.

7. Master Atrus

Master Atrus Bit poster

I concur. I have the new 10.5" iPad Pro and happy to help in anyway I can. I look forward to the fix. :)

8. As of 7/8/17, Parallels Access still crashes on ios 11. Would really like a fix...

9. Farhad1

Farhad1 Bit poster

Thanks for the update Arun. I am now using the Beta - look forward to being able to use Parallels again.

10. Chris Gleason 27

Chris Gleason 27 Bit poster

Still crashing on iOS 11 Public Beta 2 on 10.5" iPad pro.

11. Chris Gleason 27

Chris Gleason 27 Bit poster

but working fine iOS Public Beta 2 on iPhone 7 plus

12. kjason

kjason Bit poster

I see an update was just released to the Access iOS app. Can anyone confirm this fixes the crash on iOS 11 beta for the iPad Pro?

13. JoeMeg

JoeMeg Bit poster

I'm running Public Beta 2 on a 12.9" iPad Pro. The new version of Parallels Access is working for me now (e.g. it no longer crashes on launch). I haven't tried every feature, but the basics all seem to be working again. Good news.

14. Farhad1

Farhad1 Bit poster

I can confirm the latest update to Access works great on the latest beta - thanks a lot!

15. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @Farhad1, you're welcome! Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help! Thanks!

16. ShaniC

ShaniC Bit poster

17. Nicholasv3

Nicholasv3 Bit poster

I know that the Parallels Legacy Client (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/parallels-client-legacy/id401103105?mt=8) is probably no longer being supported, however it crashes on iOS11 (fine on iOS10). It may be for the same reason as the above.

At present we favour the mouse/keyboard style of the Legacy app and still use it. Do you know if there is any chance this could be bug rectified to work on iOS 11.

thank-you in advance

18. stefenl

stefenl Bit poster

I couldn't get the sound to redirect but after playing with the setting and reinstalling the app, I got it working. Not sure what the problem was but it's working perfectly now, the RDP part anyway. This is a great app and it does everything so I can control my home computer from my iPad 2, while in another room or from a wifi hotspot such as Starbucks. I just had to set up a 2nd connection with my routers ip address just like with the Windows Remote Desktop program that I use to connect my home pc to my office pc in another state. With this app, I can connect to both my home pc and office pc while on the road, all from my iPad 2.

Thanks for an app that finally does almost everything I need.

Well I spoke too soon, still a great app but sound redirection does not work from outside network. If I'm at home connected to my desktop pc, all is perfect. But if I go to Starbucks or any other wifi hotspot, sound redirection does not work. Now I'm really disappointed. When I had it working at home I assumed it would work from an outside network too. I sent email to support, I'll date again if I hear anything.

19. rohits1

rohits1 Bit poster

Parallels Access crashes for me on the public beta of iOS